Evaluation of Software Process Assessment Methods – Case Study
- 1.1k Downloads
Evaluation of competing software process assessment (SPA) methods is an important issue for software process improvement initiatives. Although SPA methods designers may claim successful design and implementations of their SPA methods, no evaluation of these claims, based on a set of evaluation criteria, has yet been documented. In addition, independent evaluation of the SPA methods currently available would also help the designers of these methods. This paper presents as a case study the results of applying the proposed evaluation criteria to the MARES SPA method.
KeywordsSoftware Process Assessment Improvement Evaluation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Scriven, M.: Evaluation Thesaurus. Sage Publications, Newbury Park (1991)Google Scholar
- 3.Shadish, W., Cook, T., Leviton, L.: Foundations of Program Evaluation. Theories of Practice. Sage Publications, Newbury Park (1993)Google Scholar
- 4.Worthen, B., Sanders, J., Fitzpatrick, J.: Program Evaluation. Alternative Approaches and Practical Guidelines. Addison Wesley Longman, New York (1997)Google Scholar
- 5.Zarour, M., Abran, A., Desharnais, J.M., Buglione, L.: Design and Implementation of Lightweight Software Process Assessment Methods: Survey of Best Practices. In: Proceedings of the 10th Software Process Improvement & Capability dEtermination conference (SPICE 2010), Pisa, Italy, pp. 39–50 (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Anacleto, A., Wangenheim, C., Salviano, C., Savi, R.: A method for Process Assessment in Small Software Companies. In: 4th International SPICE Conference on Process Assessment and Improvement, Portugal (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Wangenheim, C., Anacleto, A., Salviano, C.F.: MARES - A Methodology for Software Process Assessment in Small Software Companies, Technical Report: LQPS001_04E, LPQS - Universidade do Vale do Itajai, Brazil, Technical Report (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.ISO/IEC, ISO/IEC 15504 Information Technology - Process Assessment - Parts 1-5 (2003-2006)Google Scholar
- 9.Anacleto, A., Wangenheim, C.G., Salviano, C.F., Savi, R.: Experiences gained from applying ISO/IEC 15504 to small software companies in Brazil. In: 4th International SPICE Conference on Process Assessment and Improvement, Lisbon, Portugal (2004)Google Scholar
- 13.Wangenheim, C.G.v., Varkoi, T., Salviano, C.F.: Performing ISO 15504 Conformant Software Process Assessment in Small Software Companies. In: EUROSPI 2005, Hungary (2005)Google Scholar
- 14.CMMI-Team, CMU/SEI-2006-TR-011: Appraisal Requirements for CMMI, Version 1.2 (ARC, V1.2), SCAMPI Upgrade Team, Carnegie Mellon Software Engineering Institute, Pittsburgh, PA CMU/SEI-2006-TR-011 (August 2006)Google Scholar