Deploying Lifecycle Profiles for Very Small Entities: An Early Stage Industry View
- 1.1k Downloads
The recently published ISO/IEC 29110 standard Lifecycle profiles for Very Small Entities has at its core a Management and Engineering Guide  which is targeted at very small entities (enterprises, organizations, departments or projects) having up to 25 people , to assist them unlock the potential benefits of using standards which are specifically designed to address their needs. This paper will also outline this standard and the implementation of a series of pilot project initiative harnessing a set of detailed guidelines known as “Deployment Packages” to assist very small entities in understanding and exploring the potential usage of an international software process standard. This paper will address issues of small entities needs, industry reaction to early pilot projects and highlight the needs for a light weight process assessment mechanism to meet the needs of very small entities and complement this new lifecycle standard.
KeywordsVSE ISO/IEC 29110 Standards
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.International Organization for Standardization (ISO). ISO/IEC TR 29110-5-1-2 Software Engineering - Lifecycle Profiles for Very Small Entities (VSEs) – Management and Engineering guide: Generic profile group, Basic Profile, Geneva (2011)Google Scholar
- 2.Laporte, C.Y., Alexandre, S., O’Connor, R.: A Software Engineering Lifecycle Standard for Very Small Enterprises. In: O’Connor, R., et al. (eds.) Proceedings of EuroSPI. CCIS, vol. 16, pp. 129–141. Springer, Heidelberg (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.ISO/IEC 12207. Information technology – Software life cycle processes. International Organization for Standardization/International Electrotechnical Commission, Geneva, Switzerland (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.ISO/IEC JCT1/SC7 Working Group 24 Deployment Packages repository, http://profs.logti.etsmtl.ca/claporte/English/VSE/index.html
- 7.International Organization for Standardization (ISO). ISO/IEC TR 29110-3, Software Engineering - Lifecycle Profiles for Very Small Entities (VSE) - Part 3: Assessment Guide. Geneva (2011)Google Scholar