Challenges for Requirements Development: An Industry Perspective
- 1.1k Downloads
It is well recognised that software requirements must accurately reflect the needs of a target domain, however, challenges still exist in effectively acheiving this. This paper reports on the results of an industry-based study investigating factors that affect the communication of requirements between the development team and other stakeholders during requirements development. Challenges found in practice are related to common obstacles reported in the literature. The paper concludes with a discussion of the findings including implications for Software Process Improvment (SPI) in requirements development.
KeywordsTarget Domain Relevant Stakeholder Requirement Engineer Software Requirement Informal Process
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ambysoft Inc., Agile Requirements Modeling (2009), http://www.agilemodeling.com/essays/agileRequirements.htm#Challenges
- 2.Nuseibeh, B., Easterbrook, S.: Requirements Engineering: A Roadmap. In: ICSE-2000. ACM Press, Limerick (2000)Google Scholar
- 4.Pressman, R.S.: Software Engineering A Practitioners Approach, 5th edn., p. 252. McGraw-Hill, New York (2000)Google Scholar
- 5.Grünbacher, P.: Requirements Engineering for Web Applications. In: Kappel, G., Proll, B., Reich, S., Retschitzegger, W. (eds.) Web Engineering. John Wiley & Sons, Chichester (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.McBryan, T., McGee-Lennon, M.R., Gray, P.: An integrated approach to supporting interaction evolution in home care systems. In: 1st international Conference on Pervasive Technologies Related To Assistive Environments, vol. 282, pp. 1–8. ACM, New York (2008)Google Scholar