High Levels of Process Capability in CMMI and ISO/IEC 15504
- 1.1k Downloads
The recent release of CMMI V1.3 incorporates a number of changes to the model and framework; one of the more interesting is the decision to do away with Capability Levels 4 and 5 in the Continuous Representation, while retaining the high levels of Organizational Maturity. This paper examines some of the issues that may have driven this decision, and explores the opportunity provided for greater interaction between CMMI and ISO/IEC 15504.
KeywordsISO/IEC 15504 SPICE CMMI process capability high maturity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.CMMI Product Team, CMMI for Development, Version 1.3. SEI Technical Report CMU/SEI-2010-TR-033 (November 2010)Google Scholar
- 2.CMMI Product Team, CMMI for Development. Version 1.2. SEI Technical Report CMU/SEI-2006-TR-008 (August 2006)Google Scholar
- 4.ISO/IEC 15504-2, 2003. Information technology – Process assessment – Performing an AssessmentGoogle Scholar
- 5.El-Emam, K.: The Internal consistency of the ISO/IEC 15504 software process capability scale. In: Proceedings of the 5th International Symposium on Software Metrics, pp. 72–81 (1998)Google Scholar
- 7.Rout, T.P.: The evolving picture of standardisation and certification for process assessment. In: Proceedings of QUATIC 2010, Conference, Porto, Portugal (2010)Google Scholar