A Software Framework to Associate Multiple FPMN MSISDNs with a HPMN IMSI
Because the UMTS network provides the automatic roaming function, the mobile phone users can use their phones while they are in abroad. Some of them may want to use their HPMN MSISDNs in foreign countries. However, others may want to use the FPMN MSISDNs while using their own mobile phones. We present a software framework to associate multiple FPMN MSISDNs with a HPMN IMSI so that the mobile phone users can use the FPMN MSISDNs while they are visiting the FPMN without changing their USIM cards or phones. The MAP Location Update procedure and the mobile-originated call flow and the mobile-terminated call flow were modified by using the software framework. In simulation, we verified that the proposed scheme is more efficient than the 3GPP standard scheme on generating the ISUP signaling path. Therefore, mobile network service providers not only can provide the multiple FPMN MSISDNs service but also can reduce the foreign network access cost.
KeywordsFPMN MSISDN IMSI ISUP software framework
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Oudelaar, J.: Evolution towards UMTS. Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications 3, 852–856 (1994)Google Scholar
- 4.Jiang, B.T., Mao, J.F.: Design of a PIFA-IFA-monopole in dual-SIM mobile phone for GSM/DCS/Bluetooth operations. In: ICMMT, pp. 1050–1053 (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Jiang, Y.J.: Providing multiple MSISDN numbers in a mobile device with a single IMSI. U.S. Patent 7577431 (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Chatras, B., Vernhes, C.: Mobile application part design principles. In: XIII International Switching Symposium, vol. 1, pp. 35–42 (1990)Google Scholar
- 7.Chin, L., Chen, J.: SIM card based e-cash applications in the mobile communication system using OTA and STK technology. In: IET WMMN, pp. 1–3 (2006)Google Scholar
- 9.Plehn, J.: The design of location areas in a GSM-network. In: Vehicular Technology Conference, pp. 871–875 (1995)Google Scholar
- 10.Maranhao, M.: ISDN-ISUP interworking-a critical view. In: SBT International Telecommunications Symposium, pp. 355–359 (1990)Google Scholar
- 11.Wietfeld, C., Seger, J.: User-oriented Addressing in Wireless Networks: Advanced Strategies and New Technical Solutions. In: 3rd International Symposium on Wireless Communication Systems, pp. 174–178 (2006)Google Scholar