Brain Tumor Detection Using MRI Image Analysis
Brain tumor is the most commonly occurring malignancy among human beings, so study of brain tumor is important. In this paper, we propose an image segmentation method to indentify or detect tumor from the brain magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). There are many thresholding methods developed but they have different result in each image. So we need a method by which detection of tumor can be done uniquely. In this paper we propose a set of image segmentation algorithms which gives a satisfactory result on brain tumor images.
KeywordsSegmentation edge detection threshold image processing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.de Andrade, M.C.: An Interactive Algorithm for Image Smoothing and Segmentation. Electronic Letters on Computer Vision and Image Analysis 4(1), 32–48 (2004)Google Scholar
- 2.Ratan, R., Sharma, S., Sharma, S.K.: Multiparameter Segmentation & Quantization of Brain Tumor from MRI images. ISEE-IJST Journal 3(1) (March 2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Shen, S., Sandham, W.A., Granat, M.H., Dempsey, M.F., Patterson, J.: A new approach to brain tumour diagnosis using fuzzy logic based genetic programming. In: International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, Piscataway, NJ, September 17-21, pp. 870–873 (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Arus, C., Celda, B., Dasmahaptra, S., Dupplaw, D., Gonzalez-Velez, H., Huffel, S.V., Lewis, P., Lluch i Ariet, M., Mier, M., Peet, A., Robles, M.: On the Design of a Web-Based Decision Support System for Brain Tumour Diagnosis Using Distributed Agents. In: Web Intelligence and Intelligent Agent Technology Workshops, Hong Kong, December 18-22, pp. 208–211 (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Farias, G., Santos, M., Lopez, V.: Brain tumour diagnosis with Wavelets and Support Vector Machines. In: International Conference on Intelligent System and Knowledge Engineering, Xiamen, November 17-19, pp. 1453–1459 (2008)Google Scholar