Similarity Checking of Handwritten Signature Using Binary Dotplot Analysis
In this paper we propose a statistical similarity checking method to identify the similarity between two handwritten signatures. Initially, we process the handwritten signature images in various image processing techniques and store in a magnetic storage device. In turn, during the time of similarity checking, our algorithm generates a binary dotplot matrix for each of the signature image in the storage with the input signature image of a particular user domain. In this paper, these binary dotplot matrices guide us to identify the degree of similarity or homology or duplicate copy of handwritten signature of any user. In this paper we deal with only binary dotplot similarity technique.
KeywordsPattern Recognition bio-informatics similarity Image processing binary dotplot
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Herdagdelen, A., Alpaydm, E.: Dynamic Alignment Distance Based Online Signature Verification. In: The 13th Turkish Symposium on Artificial Intelligence & Artificial Neural Networks, Izmir, Turkey, June 10-11, pp. 119–127 (2004)Google Scholar
- 2.Baker, S., Nayrar, S.K.: Algorithms for Pattern Rejection. In: The 13th International Conference on Pattern Recognition, Vienna, August 25-29, vol. 2, pp. 869–874 (1996) (Current version: August 06, 2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Yeh, M.-C., Cheng, K.-T.: Video Copy Detection by Fast Sequence Matching. In: The ACM International Conference on Image and Video Retrieval (CIVR 2009), Santorini, Fira, Greece, July 8-10, Article No. 45 (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.http://www.perceptualedge.com/articles/Whitepapers/Visual_Pattern_Rec.pdf (last accessed on September 17, 2010)
- 5.Ware, C.: Information Visualization: Perception for Design, 2nd edn., pp. 20–22. Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, San Francisco (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Desira, M., Camilleri, K.P.: Handwritten signature verification by independent component analysis. In: First National ICT Workshop, WICT 2008, Malta, November 17-18 (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Helfman, J.I.: Similarity Patterns in Language. In: IEEE Symposium on Visual Languages, St. Louis, MO, October 4-7, pp. 173–175 (1994) (Current version: August 06, 2002)Google Scholar
- 8.Yankov, D., Keogh, E., Lonardi, S., Fu, A.W.: Dot Plots for Time Series Analysis. In: 17th IEEE International Conference on Tools with Artificial Intelligence, Hong Kong, November 16, pp. 159–168 (2005)Google Scholar
- 9.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dot_plot_bioinformatics (last accessed on September 17, 2010)
- 10.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karhunen%E2%80%93Lo%C3%A8ve_theorem (last accessed on September 17, 2010)
- 11.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palindromic_sequence (last accessed on September 18, 2010)
- 12.Arya, M.S., Inamdar, V.S.: A Preliminary Study on Various Off-line Hand Written Signature Verification Approaches. International Journal of Computer Applications (0975-8887) 1(9), 55–60 (2010)Google Scholar