A Study on the RFID/USN Integrated Middleware for Effective Event Processing in Ubiquitous Livestock Barn
The RFID/USN technology is one of the important technologies to implement the ubiquitous society, and it could make many changes in the existing agricultural environment including livestock rearing, cultivation and harvest of agricultural products if such a RFID/USN technology is applied to the agricultural sector. In particular, for livestock barns, the RFID/USN technology has been applied to manage livestock’s history and monitor environments of livestock barns, and it is secured the increase of productivity and the transparency of distribution channels through it. In the case of livestock barn systems applying such a RFID/USN technology, an integrated RFID/USN middleware technology is required to provide a combined service through effective processing of generated data and organic connections between application services because it should be processed an enormous amount of data collected via the RFID/USN in real-time. This paper would propose an integrated RFID/USN middleware for implementing a combined service by efficiently processing data collected from the RFID, which is used to identify livestock, and the USN, which is used to monitor livestock barn’s environment, and by organically connecting with data. The proposed middleware has features to reduce application’s load and provide data requested by applications by filtering data generated in real-time in the RFID and USN environment applied to livestock barns.
KeywordsRFID USN Middleware Ubiquitous Agriculture
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Shin, Y.-S.: A Study on Informatization Model for Agriculture in Ubiquitous Era; MKE Research Report. National IT Industry Promotion Agency, Seoul (2006)Google Scholar
- 2.Pyo, C.-S., Chea, J.-S.: Next-generation RFID/USN technology development prospects. Korea Inf. Commun. Soc. 24, 7–13 (2007)Google Scholar
- 3.Jeong, B.-M.: Foreign u-Farm Service Model Casebook. Issues and Analysis Report of Korea National Information Society Agency, NCA V-RER-06005, Seoul, Korea (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.RFID Journal, http://www.rfidjournal.com/article/articleview/2229/1/1/
- 5.Lee, M.-H., Shin, C.-S., Jo, Y.-Y., Yoe, H.: Implementation of green house integrated management system in ubiquitous agricultural environments. J. KIISE 27, 21–26 (2009)Google Scholar
- 8.Lee, S.-C., Kwon, H., Kim, H.-C., Kwak, H.-Y.: A design and implementation of Traceability System of black pigs using RFID. J. Korea C. Assoc. 8, 33–40 (2008)Google Scholar
- 9.Kim, M., Son, B., Kim, D.K., Kim, J.: Agricultural Products Traceability Management System based on RFID/USN. J. KIISE 15, 331–343 (2009)Google Scholar
- 11.Kim, Y.-M., Han, J.-I.: Middleware Technology for Ubiquitous Sensor Network. J. KIISE 25(12), 35–48 (2007)Google Scholar
- 12.Kung, S.: The Design of Fungus Cultivating System based on USN. Journal of Korean Institute of. Information Technology 5(3), 34–41 (2007)Google Scholar