Distributed Energy Management for Stand-Alone Photovoltaic System with Storages
This paper presents a distributed energy management system (DEMS) for stand-alone photovoltaic(PV) system with storage devices. Usually, batteries can be used as the storage device for PV system to compensate PV output power changed by irradiation and temperature. Recently, Ultracapacitor has been adopted for the better dynamic characteristic of a whole system. The control of these systems, called hybrid system, often is complicated and need to design a proper energy management system(EMS). DEMSs are more effective than conventional centralized EMS, but it is difficult to design the DEMS for a power system because of various states of the system during operation of stand-alone mode. To verify the performance of the proposed DEMS, the stand-alone photovoltaic(PV) system is designed by Matlab/SimPowerSystems and Matlab/StateFlow tool is used for designing the proposed DEMS.
Keywordsdistributed energy management systems(DEMSs) centralized EMS stand-alone photovoltaic(PV) system
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Xie, J., Zhang, X., Zhang, C., Wang, C.: Research on Bi-Directional DC-DC Converter For a Stand-Alone Photovoltaic Hybrid Energy Storage System. In: 2010 Asia-Pacific Power and Energy Engineering Conference (APPEEC), pp. 1–4 (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Gee, A.M., Dunn, R.W.: Novel battery/supercapacitor hybrid energy storage control strategy for battery life extension in isolated wind energy conversion systems. In: 2010 45th International Universities Power Engineering Conference (UPEC), pp.1–6 (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.Zue, A.O., Chandra, A.: Simulation and stability analysis of a 100 kW grid connected LCL photovoltaic inverter for industry. In: IEEE 2006 Power Engineering Society General Meeting, pp. 1–6 (2006)Google Scholar
- 11.Johansson, P.: Comparison of Simulation programs for Supercapacitor Modeling. Chalmers university of technology, master of science thesis (2008)Google Scholar
- 13.Tremblay, O., Dessaint, L.-A., Dekkiche, A.-I.: A generic Battery Model for the Dynamic Simulation of Hybrid Electric Vehicles. In: Vehicle Power and Propulsion Conference, pp. 284–289 (2007)Google Scholar
- 14.The application of Multi Agent System in Microgrid coordination control. In: International conference on Sustainable Power Generation and Supply, pp. 1–6 (2009)Google Scholar