Design of LCL Filter Using Hybrid Intelligent Optimization for Photovoltaic System
This paper proposes new design method of LCL filter parameters by using hybrid intelligent optimization. Usually, the voltage-source inverters (VSI) have been used for control of both link voltage and power factor in the grid connected topologies. But, since VSI can cause high-order harmonics by high switching frequency, it is important to choose the filter parameters to achieve good filtering effect. Compared with traditional L and LC filter, LCL filter is known as an effective method on reducing harmonic distortion at the switching frequency of VSI. However, design of the LCL filter is complex, and the selection of the initial values of the inductors is difficult at the start of the design process. This paper proposes an approach for designing LCL filter parameters by hybrid optimization method with both genetic algorithm and clonal selection. Simulation results are provided to prove that the proposed method is more effective and simple than conventional methods.
KeywordsLCL filter voltage-source inverters genetic algorithm clonal selection
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Molina, M.G., Mercade, P.E.: modeling and control of grid-connected photovoltaic energy conversion System used as a Dispersed Generator. In: 2008 IEEE PES Transmission and Distribution Conference and Expositon, pp. 1–8 (2008)Google Scholar
- 2.Fakham, H., Degobert, P., Francois, B.: Control system and power management for a PV based generationunit including batteries. In: International Aegean Conference on Electrical Machines and Power Electronics, pp. 141–146 (2007)Google Scholar
- 3.Lindgren, M., Svensson, J.: Connecting Fast Switching Voltage Source Converters to the Grid-Harmonic Distortion and its Reduction. In: IEEE Stockholm Power Tech Conference, pp. 18–22 (1995)Google Scholar
- 4.Halimi, B., Dahono, P.A.: A Current control method for phase-controlled rectifier that has an LCL filter. In: 4th IEEE International Conference on Power Electronics and Drive Systems, pp. 20–25 (2001)Google Scholar
- 5.Yin, J.J., Duan, S., Zhou, Y., Liu, F., Chen, C.: A novel parameter design method of dual-loop control strategy for grid-connected inverters with LCL filter. In: IPEMC 2009, pp. 712–715 (2009)Google Scholar
- 8.Sun, W., Chen, Z., Wu, X.: Intelligent optimize design of LCL filter for three phase voltage-source PWM rectifier. In: IEEE 6th IPEMC 2009, pp. 970–974 (2009)Google Scholar
- 13.Lee, K.J., Park, N.J., Kim, R.Y., Ha, D.H., Hyun, D.S.: Design of an LCL filter employing a symmetric geometry and its control in grid-connected inverter applications. In: 39th IEEE Power Electronics Specialists Conference, pp. 963–966 (2008)Google Scholar
- 14.Wang, T.C.Y., Ye, Z., Sinha, G., Yuan, X.: Output filter design for a grid-interconnected three-phase inverter. In: 34th IEEE Power Electronics Specialists Conference, pp. 779–784 (2003)Google Scholar
- 15.Brownlee, J.: Clonal selection algorithms. Technical report id: 070209a, Victoria, Australia: ComplexIntelligent Systems Laboratory (CIS), Centre for Information Technology Research (CITR), Faculty of Informationand Communication Technologies (ICT), Swinburne University of Technology (2007)Google Scholar
- 16.Cho, J.H., Yoon, J.H., Cho, Y.I., Chun, M.G.: LCL filter Design for Renewable Energy Sourceusing Advanced Bacterial Foraging Optimization. In: SCIS & ISIS 2010, pp. 618–623 (2010)Google Scholar