Experimental Reliability and Laboratory Tests
- 1.9k Downloads
Component reliability is often affected by different influencing factors. In particular the operating profile of a component would be taken into account if good reliability predictions are necessary. The operating profile change in according to the type of operation of the component. So, we can have continuous operation or non-continuous operation, such as also sporadic operation. Moreover, storage conditions may be deep impact on reliability of the component when operating. Obviously, environmental factor need to be taken into account also. The environment contributes to both aging and failures during the life of the device or system under consideration would be considered. To this aim, both duration and intensity of environmental stresses should be included in the system operational model. In this chapter, after a brief introduction, the stress factors will be analyzed in 4.2. In 4.3 the component degradation is presented, and in 4.4 a model for aging based on the temperature is deeply discussed. Analysis of failure modes (4.5) and laboratory test are, finally, presented (4.6).
KeywordsFailure Mode Acceleration Factor Physical Reliability Experimental Reliability System Operational Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.O’Connor, P.D.T.: Practical Reliability Engineering, 4th edn. Wiley, Chichester ;ISBN: 0-470-84462-0Google Scholar
- 2.ETSI ETS 300 019-1-3-Edition 1-1992-02, equipment Engineering (EE) - Environmental conditions and environmental tests for telecommunications equipment; - Part 1-3: Classification of environmental conditions; - Stationary use at weatherprotected locationsGoogle Scholar
- 3.MIL-HDBK-217F, Reliability Prediction of Electronic Equipment (December 2, 1991), with Notice 1 -10 July 1992 and NOTICE 2 - 28 February 1995Google Scholar
- 4.IEC 60050-191 ed1.0, International Electrotechnical Vocabulary. Chapter 191: Dependability and quality of service. Forecast publication date for Ed. 2.0 is 2012-06-02. IEC International Electrotechnical Commission, Geneve (December 31, 1990)Google Scholar
- 5.IEC 60068-1 ed. 6.0, Environmental testing. Part 1: General and guidance (1998), Forecast publication date for updated version is August 2011Google Scholar
- 6.Leemis, L.M.: Relaibility, Prbabilistic Models and Statistical methods, 2nd edn. ; ISBN 978-0-692-00027-4Google Scholar