A Leasing Instances Based Billing Model for Cloud Computing
As a new technology in IT industry, cloud computing has been much focused by both academia and industry. And many topics in cloud computing are under study. However, as one of the most important issue, billing and pricing has been not so much concerned. In this paper, we propose a novel pay-per-use billing model that can be used for the applications in cloud computing. Built based on leasing instances, the model is put forward according to the analysis of the real applications in the cloud computing environment. That is, with the model, the users will be charged totally by the amount of the resources they have used. Simulation results show that the model is correct and feasible.
KeywordsBilling model Pricing Leasing instances Cloud computing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Amazon web services website, http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/pricing/
- 2.Mihoob, A., Molina-Jimenez, C., Shrivastava, S.: A Case for Consumer–centric Resource Accounting Models. In: 3th IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing, pp. 506–512 (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Zilberstein, S.: Using Anytime Algorithms in Intelligent Systems. AI Magazine 17(3), 73–83 (1996)Google Scholar
- 4.Zilberstein, S.: Operational Rationality through Compilation of Anytime Algorithms. Ph.D. diss., Computer Science Division, University of California at Berkeley (1993)Google Scholar
- 5.Park, K.W., Park, S.K., Han, J., Park, K.H.: THEMIS: Towards Mutually Verifiable Billing Transactions in the Cloud Computing Environment. In: 3th IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing, pp. 139–147 (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Elmroth, E., Márquez, F.G., Henriksson, D., Ferrera, D.P.: Accounting and Billing for Federated Cloud Infrastructures. In: Eighth International Conference on Grid and Cooperative Computing, pp. 268–275 (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Anandasivam, A., Premm, M.: Bid Price Control and Dynamic Pricing in Clouds (2010), http://is2.lse.ac.uk/asp/aspecis/20090089.pdf
- 8.Buyya, R., Abramson, D., Giddy, J.: Economic models for resource management and scheduling in Grid computing. In: Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Expericence, pp. 1507–1542 (2002)Google Scholar