A Sniffer Technique for an Efficient Deduction of Model Dynamical Equations Using Genetic Programming
A novel heuristic technique that enhances the search facility of the standard genetic programming (GP) algorithm is presented. The method provides a dynamic sniffing facility to optimize the local search in the vicinity of the current best chromosomes that emerge during GP iterations. Such a hybrid approach, that combines the GP method with the sniffer technique, is found to be very effective in the solution of inverse problems where one is trying to construct model dynamical equations from either finite time series data or knowledge of an analytic solution function. As illustrative examples, some special function ordinary differential equations (ODEs) and integrable nonlinear partial differential equations (PDEs) are shown to be efficiently and exactly recovered from known solution data. The method can also be used effectively for solution of model equations (the direct problem) and as a tool for generating multiple dynamical systems that share the same solution space.
KeywordsLocal Search Genetic Programming Soliton Solution Good Chromosome Standard Genetic Programming
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ahalpara, D.P., Arora, S., Santhanam, M.S.: Genetic programming based approach for synchronization with parameter mismatches in EEG. In: Vanneschi, L., Gustafson, S., Moraglio, A., De Falco, I., Ebner, M. (eds.) EuroGP 2009. LNCS, vol. 5481, pp. 13–24. Springer, Heidelberg (2009)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Gray, G.J., Murray-Smith David, J., Li, Y., Sharman Ken, C.: Nonlinear Model Structure Identification Using Genetic Programming. In: Conference Proceedings Genetic Algorithms in Engineering Systems: Innovations and Applications GALESIA 1997 at Glasgow, pp. 308–313 (1997), ISBN: 0-85296-693-8Google Scholar
- Moscato, P.: New ideas in optimization. In: Corne, D., et al. (eds.) pp. 219–234. McGraw-Hill Ltd., UK (1999)Google Scholar
- Sakamoto, E., Iba, H.: Evolutionary Inference of a Biological Network as Differential Equations by Genetic Programming. Genome Informatics 12, 276–277 (2001)Google Scholar
- Sugimoto, N., Sakamoto, E., Iba, H.: Inference of Differential Equations by Using Genetic Programming by Genetic Programming. Genome Informatics 12, 276–277 (2001)Google Scholar