The Relationship between Economic Development and Environment Pollution: A Study in Zhejiang Province
- 1.7k Downloads
From the industrial society, environment pollution has become an important problem as economic grows. People want to know the relation between economic development and environmental pollution, to find out a method to achieve long-term growth under a better environmental condition. In this paper, I use the software SAS and the data in Zhejiang Annual Statistic Data from 1985 to 2009, draw a conclusion that the environment was aggravating while the economic kept increasing, and finally give some suggestions and predictions to the government.
KeywordsEKC Economic Development Environment Pollution Zhejiang Province
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Grossman, G.M., Krueger, A.B.: Environmental Impacts of a North American Free Trade Agreement (1991)Google Scholar
- 2.Grossman, G.M., Krueger, A.B.: Economic Growth and the Environment (1994)Google Scholar
- 3.Cai, L., Zhang, X.: Research on the relationship between economics development and environment pollutions in Hubei Province. Contemporary Finance & Economics 8 (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Wang, Y., Xu, C., Chen, W.: Research on the relationship between economics development and environment pollutions in Nanjing. Resource and Environment of Changjiang River Region 3 (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Shen, M., Xu, Y.: A kind of new Environment Kuznets Curve – empirical research on the relation between environment changes and economic development in the industrial process of Zhejiang Province. Zhejiang Social Science 2 (2000)Google Scholar
- 6.Guo, H., Fan, F., Wu, J.: Empirical research on the relation between economics development and environmental pollutions in China. Guiding Newspaper of Science and Technology 25, 16 (2008)Google Scholar