Architecture Design and Implementation Methods of Heterogeneous Emergency Communication Network
- 1.7k Downloads
Efficient response and treatment of unexpected events relies on reliable, flexible and robust emergency communication network. In this paper, backgrounds of building emergency communication network are introduced. Then, architecture design of emergency communication network is explained, including design goals, ideas and other technical issues. Afterwards, in terms of requirements of emergency communication network, implementation methods of WiMAX based broadband emergency communication network are discussed. Meanwhile, network monitor and interconnection issues are considered.
KeywordsHeterogeneous Emergency Communication Network Architecture WiMAX Ad hoc Network Wireless Sensor Network
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.RadiocommunicaLion Objectives and Requirements for Public Protection and Disaster Relief. ITU-R M 2033 (2003)Google Scholar
- 3.Janefalkar, A., Josiam, K.: Cellular ad-hoc relay for emergencies. In: VTC 2004, Los Angeles, pp. 2873–2877 (September 2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Frodigh, M., Johansson, P.: Wireless ad hoc networking—The art of networking without a network. Ericsson Review (4), 248–262 (2000)Google Scholar
- 6.WiMAX forum [S.l.] (April 2008), http://www.wimaxforum.org/
- 7.Oh, E.S.: Beacons in time of distress: advances in wireless applications for emergency telecommunications. In: APACE 2003, Tokyo, pp. 10–15 (August 2003) Google Scholar
- 9.Chiti, F., Fantacci, R.: Wireless Sensor Network Paradigm: Overview on Communication Protocols Design and Application to Practical Scenarios. EURASIP Newsletter 17(4), 6–27 (2006)Google Scholar