Night Vision Image Enhancement Based on Double-Plateaus Histogram
- 2.9k Downloads
Night vision image has characteristics of low contrast, weak-arrangement gray and dim vision. Double-plateaus histogram enhancement algorithm is presented to enhance them. By setting a higher threshold value, the algorithm can constrain the background and noises. At the same time, the algorithm can magnify dim targets and image details by setting a lower threshold value. With the proposed algorithm, disadvantages of classical histogram and other plateaus histogram enhancement algorithm are overcome while achieving high contrast. Experiments prove that the proposed algorithm can enhance image contrast effectively and preserve image details simultaneously. Moreover, it can also overcome over-bright phenomenon.
KeywordsDouble-plateaus histogram Image enhancement Night vision low-light-level image
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Zhou, L.-W.: The Comment of Night Vision. Optical Technology, 1–18 (1995)Google Scholar
- 2.Liu, C.-C., Hu, S.-B., Yang, J.-H., Guo, X.: A Method of Histogram Incomplete Equalization. Journal of Shandong University (Engineering Science) 33(6), 661–664 (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Shi, D.-Q., Li, J.-S.: A new Self-adaptive Enhancement Algorithm for the Low Light Level Night Vision Image. Electronic Optical and Contral 15(9), 18–20 (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Li, W.-Y., Gu, G.-H.: A New Enhancement Algorithm for Infrared DIM-small Target Image. Infrare 27(3), 17–20 (2006)Google Scholar
- 8.Wang, B.-J., Liu, S.-Q., Zhou, H.-X.: A Self-adaptive Enhancement Algorithm for Low Light Level Night Vision Image Based on plateau Histogram. Journal of Photon 2(34), 299–301 (2005)Google Scholar
- 9.Gu, J.-X.: The Enhancement Algorithmon on Light Level Night Vision Image. A Thesis Submitted to Lanzhou University for Master of Science Degree, 6 (2009)Google Scholar
- 10.Shu, J.-l., Yu, Z.-h., Zhu, Z.-f.: An Improved Approach to Fuzzy-enhance Infrared Image. Systems Engineering and Electronics 27(6), 957–959 (2005)Google Scholar