Fuzzy Time Series Prediction Model
The main objective to design this proposed model is to overcome the drawbacks of the exiting approaches and derive more robust & accurate methodology to forecast data. This innovative soft computing time series model is designed by joint consideration of three key points (1) Event discretization of time series data (2 Frequency density based partitioning (3) Optimizing fuzzy relationship in inventive way. As with most of cited papers, historical enrollment of university of Alabama is used in this study to illustrate the new forecasting process. Subsequently, the performance of the proposed model is demonstrated by making comparison with some of the pre-existing forecasting methods. In general, the findings of the study are interesting and superior in terms of least Average Forecasting Error Rate (AFER) and Mean Square Error (MSE) values.
KeywordsTime Series Soft Computing Fuzzy Logic Average Forecasting Error Rate Mean Square Error
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Garg, B., Beg, M.M.S., Ansari, A.Q.: Inferential historical survey of time series predication using artificial neural network (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Song, Q., Chissom, B.S.: Forecasting enrollments with fuzzy time series Part I. Fuzzy Sets and Systems 54, 1–9Google Scholar
- 12.Hsu, C.C., Chen, S.M.: A new method for forecasting enrollments based on fuzzy time series. In: Proceedings of the Seventh Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Applications, Taichung, Taiwan, Republic of China, pp. 17–22Google Scholar
- 15.Li, H., Kozma, R.: A dynamic neural network method for time series prediction using the KIII model. In: Proceedings of the 2003 International Joint Conference on Neural Networks, vol. 1, pp. 347–352 (2003)Google Scholar
- 16.Melike, S., Degtiarev, K.Y.: Forecasting enrollment model based on first-order fuzzy time series. In: Proceedings of World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, vol. 1, pp. 1307–6884 (2005)Google Scholar
- 17.Jilani, T.A., Burney, S.M.A., Ardil, C.: Fuzzy metric approach for fuzzy time series forecasting based on frequency density based partitioning. In: Proceedings of World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technolog, vol. 23, pp. 333–338 (2007)Google Scholar
- 18.Jilani, T.A., Burney, S.M.A., Ardil, C.: Multivariate high order fuzzy time series forecasting for car road accidents. International Journal of Computational Intelligence 4(1), 15–20 (2007)Google Scholar
- 20.Stevenson, M., Porter, J.E.: Fuzzy time series forecasting using percentage change as the universe of discourse. In: Proceedings of World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, vol. 55, pp. 154–157 (2009)Google Scholar