Societal Responsibility of Business and Information Systems
In this chapter, we present the development of the (CSR) corporate social responsibility as a factor of development of the use of the IS. First, we examine in detail how companies can seek to optimize the (positive or negative) externalities associated with ICTs in their lifecycle. Then we insist on the fact that businesses appear increasingly forced to act in order to communicate. Finally, we discuss the potential offered by ICT and SID in terms of preserving the environment and social progress. The IS are then used in a resolutely proactive approach towards CSR.
KeywordsSocietal responsibility environment social progress development
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Boudreau, M.-C., Chen, A., Huber, M.: Green IS: Building Sustainable Business Practices. In: Watson, R.T. (ed.) Information Systems: A Global Text (2008), http://globaltext.terry.uga.edu/node/21
- 2.Capron, M., Quairel, F.: Myths and Realities of Responsible Business. Paris, La Découverte edn. (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Fabbe-Costes, N.: Transformative Role of SIC and ICTs on the Distribution and Logistics. In: Fabbe-Costes, N., Colin, J., Paché, G., Vuibert, R. (eds.) Doing Research in Logistics and Distribution, Multi-Stakeholder Interfaces, pp. 171–194 (2000)Google Scholar
- 4.Kuhndt, M., Likinc, B., Stöcker, T.: Indetifying Value Drivers for Sustainable Business Development. Wuppertal Institute, Wuppertal (in preparation)Google Scholar
- 5.ORSE: How to Develop a Summary of Sustainable Development, Meetings of Working Group ORSE-EPA 2002, p. 34 (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Viruega, A., Pellaton, J.-L.: Use of Traceability for Safety: Analysis by the Theory of Translation. In: 1st day of Research Relations between Industry and Grande Distribution Food, Avignon, March 29 (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Fishmonger, H.: Client Relational Dynamics - Provider and Learning Opportunities: An Analysis of the Situation Suppliers French Distributors Clothing. In: CIFEPME (Congrès International Francophone in entrepreneurship and small business), Montpellier (October 2004)Google Scholar
- 9.Salge, F.: The Sharing of Geographic Information for Sustainable Development, Seminar Sustainable Development, Clermont-Ferrand, pp. 24–25 (September 2008), http://www.agroparistech.fr/Colloque/dd_ingenierie_territoriale/IMG/PDF/Atelier10.PDF
- 10.Torres, O.: Theorization of SME Management Test: Globalisation in the Proxémie Authorization at Leading Research in Management Sciences, University of Caen Basse (December 2004)Google Scholar