Collision-Free Routing in Sink-Centric Sensor Networks with Coarse-Grain Coordinates
When the environment does not allow to access directly to disseminated data, a sensor network could be one of the most appropriate solution to retrieve the map of interesting areas. Based on existing approaches, we start our study from the standard random deployment of a sensor network and then we consider a coarse-grain localization algorithm which associates sensors with coordinates related to a central node, called sink. Once each sensor is related to an estimated position, it starts to send data to the sink according to a provided scheduling of communications which takes care of energy consumption, collisions and time. We propose a scheduling of communications based on distributed and fast coloring algorithms which require O(1) computational time. As the localization is referred to coarse-grain coordinates, it happens that more than one sensor is associated with the same coordinates, hence leader-election mechanism is considered.
KeywordsSensor Network Wireless Sensor Network Time Slot Actor Network Frequency Channel
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Barsi, F., Bertossi, A., Lavault, C., Navarra, A., Olariu, S., Pinotti, M.C., Ravelomanana, V.: Efficient binary search for training heterogeneous sensor and actor networks. In: Proceedings of the 1st ACM Workshop on Heterogeneous Sensor and Actor Networks (HeterSANET), pp. 17–24 (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Barsi, F., Bertossi, A.A., Lavault, C., Navarra, A., Pinotti, C.M., Olariu, S., Ravelomanana, V.: Efficient location training protocols for heterogeneous sensor and actor networks. IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing (to appear)Google Scholar
- 6.Sorbelli, F.B., Ciotti, R., Navarra, A., Pinotti, M.C., Ravelomanana, V.: Cooperative training in wireless sensor and actor networks. In: Proceedings of the 6th International ICST Conference on Heterogeneous Networking for Quality, Reliability, Security and Robustness (QShine). Lecture Notes of the Institute for Computer Science, Social-Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering, vol. 22, pp. 569–583 (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Ghidini, G., Pinotti, C.M., Das, S.K.: A Semi-Distributed Localization Protocol for Wireless Sensor and Actor Networks. In: 6th IEEE International Workshop on Sensor Networks and Systems for Pervasive Computing, PerSeNS (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Melodia, T., Pompili, D., Akyildiz, I.F.: A communication architecture for mobile wireless sensor and actor networks. In: 3rd Annual IEEE Communcations Society Conference on Sensor, Mesh and Ad Hoc Communications and Networks (SECON), pp. 109–118 (2006)Google Scholar