Modeling Time Domain Magnetic Emissions of ICs
ElectroMagnetic (EM) radiations of Integrated Circuits (IC) is for many years a main problem from an ElectroMagnetic Compatibility (EMC) point-of-view. But with the increasing use of secure embedded systems, and the apparition of new attacks based on the exploitation of physical leakages of such secure ICs, it is now also a critical problem for secure IC designers. Indeed, EM radiations of an IC, and more precisely the magnetic component, can be exploited to retrieve sensible data such as, the secret key of cryptographic algorithms. Within this context, this paper aims at introducing a magnetic field simulation flow allowing predicting, with high spatial and time resolutions, the magnetic radiations of IC cores. Such a flow being mandatory to predict the robustness of secure ICs before fabrication against EM attacks.
KeywordsIntegrate Circuit Analogue Block Time Domain Waveform Magnetic Radiation ElectroMagnetic Analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Technical Specification IEC 62014-1 (2001)Google Scholar
- 2.Technical Specification IEC 62014-3 (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Technical Specification IEC 62404 (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.CST Studio suite, http://www.cst.com
- 6.Technical Specification IEC 61967-3Google Scholar
- 8.Sauvage, L., Guilley, S., Mathieu, Y.: Electromagnetic Radiations of FPGAs, High Spatial Resolution Cartography and Attack on a Cryptographic Module. ACM Transactions on Reconfigurable Technology and Systems (TRETS) 2(1) (2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Real, D., Valette, F., Drissi, M.: Enhancing correlation electromagnetic attack using planar near-field cartography. In: International Conference on Design, Automation and Test in Europe (DATE), pp. 628–633 (2009)Google Scholar
- 10.Dehbaoui, A., Lomne, V., Maurine, P., Torres, L., Robert, M.: Enhancing Electromagnetic Attacks using Spectral Coherence based Cartography. In: International Conference on Very Large Scale Integration, VLSI-SoC (2009)Google Scholar
- 11.Apache Design Solutions, http://www.apache-da.com