Real Time Watermarking and Encryption Method for DMB Contents Protection
Watermarking and Encryption are commonly technique for data protection. DMB contents are utilized widely without protection procedure. To solve the problems, we propose real-time watermarking and encryption method for DMB contents protection in this paper. To implement watermarking, we hide key information on a redundant space of program association table (PAT) and program mapped table (PMT) of T-DMB stream and hidden parts is encrypted by a stream encryption cipher. We implements encryption method without additional information in digital multimedia broadcasting (DMB) contents using AES (advanced encryption standard) encryption algorithm. In experimental result, when we implemented a play control on PMP which have built-in DSP device to get 100Mhz processing speed, almost had not a time delay and the hiding information in T-DMB stream was possible to do a play control. Additionally, we confirmed that the saved contents in a PMP were not played in other devices without decryption key. The proposed methods can be useful in real-time applications requiring contents protection service such as video on demand, IPTV and digital TV.
KeywordsWatermakring Encryption DMB Contents Protection Real Time
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Wu, M., Mao, Y.: Communication-friendly encryption of multimedia. In: IEEE Workshop on Multimedia Signal Processing, pp. 292–295 (December 2002)Google Scholar
- 2.Doomun, M.R., Soyjaudah, K.S., Bundhoo, D.: Energy consumption and computational analysis of rijndael-AES. In: 3rd IEEE/IFIP International Conference in Central Asia on Internet, pp. 1–6 (September 2007)Google Scholar
- 3.Cox, I., Miller, M., Bloom, J.: Digital watermarking. Press of Morgan Kaufmann, San Francisco (2001)Google Scholar
- 6.Qiao, L., Nahrstedt, K.: A new algorithm for MPEG video encryption. In: Proceeding of International Conference on Imaging Science, Systems, and Technology, pp. 21–29 (July 1997)Google Scholar
- 7.Liu, J., Zou, L., Xie, C., Huang, H.: A two-way selective encryption algorithm for MPEG video. In: International Workshop on Networking, Architecture, and Storages, p. 5 (August 2006)Google Scholar
- 8.Zheng, L., Xue, L.: Motion vector encryption in multimedia streaming. In: Proceedings. 10th International Multimedia Modelling Conference, pp. 64–71 (January 2004)Google Scholar
- 9.T-DMB white paper Press of Electronic and Telecommunication Research Institute, Korea (December 2006)Google Scholar