A Quick Incremental Updating Algorithm for Computing Core Attributes
Computing core attributes is one of key problems of rough set theory. Many researchers proposed lots of algorithms for computing core. Unfortunately, most of them are designed for static databases. However, many real datasets are dynamic. In this paper, a quick incremental updating core algorithm is proposed, which only allies on the updating parts of discernibility matrix and does not need to store, re-compute and re-analyze discernibility matrix, when new objects are added to decision table. Both of theoretical analysis and experimental results show that the algorithm is effective and efficient.
Keywordsrough sets discernibility matrix incremental updating core attributes
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Hu, X.H., Cercone, N.: Learning in Relational Databases: A Rough Set Approach. International Journal of Computational Intelligence 11(2), 323–338 (1995)Google Scholar
- 3.Skowron, A., Rauszer, C.: The Discernibility Matrices and Functions in Information Systems. In: Slowinski (ed.) Intelligent Decision Support-Handbook of Applications and Sdvances of the Rough Sets Theory, pp. 331–362. Kluwer Academic Publisher, Dordrecht (1991)Google Scholar
- 4.Ye, D.Y., Chen, Z.J.: A New Discernibility Matrix and the Computation of a Core. Acta Electronica Sinica 30(7), 1086–1088 (2002)Google Scholar
- 7.Zhang, W.X., Wu, W.Z., Liang, J.Y.: Theory and Method of Rough Set, p. 7. Science Press, Beijing (2001)Google Scholar
- 8.Liu, W.J., Gu, Y.D., Feng, Y.B.: An Improved Attribute Reduction Algorithm of Decision Table. PR&AI 17(1), 119–123 (2004)Google Scholar
- 9.Yang, M., Sun, Z.H.: Improvement of Discernibility Matrix and the Computation of a Core. Journal of Fudan University(Natural Science) 43(5), 865–868 (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Yang, M.: An incremental updating Algorithm of the computation of a core based on the improved discernibility matrix. Chinese Journal of Computers 29(3), 407–413 (2006)Google Scholar
- 11.Yang, C.J., Ge, H., Yao, G.S., Ma, L.S.: Core and Attribute Reduction Algorithms Based on Compatible Discernibility Matrix. In: The International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Natural Computing, CINC 2009, Wuhan, China, vol. 2, pp. 103–106 (June 2009)Google Scholar