A Heuristic Reduction Algorithm in IIS Based on Binary Matrix
A binary discernibility matrix is presented in this paper, upon which a binary matrix-based heuristic reduction algorithm in incomplete information system(IIS) is proposed. In the proposed algorithm, the problem of finding an attribute reduction is converted to the problem of searching a set of binary matrices that can cover the objective binary matrix. The heuristic function in the proposed heuristic reduction algorithm is defined by a discernibility matrix associated with each condition attribute, which denotes the classification significance of the condition attribute. In the proposed heuristic reduction algorithm, attribute reduct is constructed by adding attributes in the sequence of attribute significance. An example of incomplete information system is presented to illustrate the algorithm and its validity.The algorithm is proved to be effective based on an illustrative example.
Keywordsrough set incomplete information system reduction binary matrix heuristic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Li, H.X., Zhou, X.Z., Huang, B.: Method to determine α in rough set model based on connection degree. Journal of Systems Engineering and Electronics 20(1), 98–105 (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Miao, D.Q., Hu, G.R.: A heuristic algorithm for reduction of knowledge. Journal of Computer Research and Development 36(6), 681–684 (1999) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 9.Skowron, A., Rauszer, C.: The discernibility matrices andfunctions in information systems. In: Slowiski, R. (ed.) Intelligent Decision Support, Handbook of Applications and Advances of the Rough Sets Theory, pp. 331–362. Kluwer, Dordrecht (1992)Google Scholar
- 10.Stefamowski, J., Tsoukeas, A.: On the Extension of Rough Sets under Incomplete Information. International Journal of Intelligent System 16, 29–38 (1999)Google Scholar
- 11.Wang, G.Y.: Calculation methods for core attributes of decision table. Chinese Journal of Computers 26(5), 611–615 (2003)Google Scholar
- 12.Wang, G.Y.: Extension of rough set under incomplete information systems. Journal of computer research and development 39(10), 1238–1243 (2002) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 14.Yang, M.: An incremental updating algorithm for attribute reduction based on improved discernibility matrix. Chinese Journal of Computers 29(3), 407–413 (2006)Google Scholar
- 16.Ye, D.Y., Chen, Z.J.: A new discernibility matrix and the computation of a core. Acta Electronica Sinica 30(7), 1086–1088 (2002) (in Chinese)Google Scholar