A Model Driven Development of Platform-Neutral Agents
- 488 Downloads
The automatic transformation of software agent designs into implementations for different agent platforms is currently a key issue in the MAS development process. Recently several approaches have been proposed using model driven development concepts to specify generic agent metamodels and/or define a set of transformation rules from the design phase for different agent implementation platforms. Although for some systems this is acceptable, in the context of Ambient Intelligence, this could be a serious limitation because of the variety of devices involved in these systems ranging from desktop computers to lightweight devices. In this paper we propose to transform PIM4Agents, a generic agent metamodel used at the design phase, into Malaca, an agent specific platform-neutral metamodel for agents. With only one set of transformations it is possible to generate a partial implementation in Malaca, which can be deployed in any kind of device and can interact with any FIPA compliant agent platform.
KeywordsAOSE MDD Malaca Code generation AmI
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Agüero, J., Rebollo, M., Carrascosa, C., Julián, V.: Agent Design Using Model Driven Development. In: PAAMS’09, AISC, vol. 55, pp. 60–69 (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Federico, B., Agostino, P.: Leap: a FIPA platform for handheld and mobile devices. In: Agent Theories, Architectures, and Languages, ATAL-2001 (2001)Google Scholar
- 6.Tarkoma, S., Laukkanen, M.: Supporting software agents on small devices. In: Proceedings of the (AAMAS’02), New York, USA, pp. 565–566 (2002)Google Scholar
- 9.Ayala, I., Amor, M., Fuentes, L.: Towards the automatic derivation of Malaca agents using MDE. In: 11th International Workshop on AOSE, pp. 61–72 (2010)Google Scholar
- 11.DeLoach, S.A., Wood, M.: Developing Multiagent Systems with agentTool. In: 7th International Workshop on Agent Theories, Architectures, and Languages (2000)Google Scholar
- 13.Warwas, S., Hahn, C.: The DSML4MAS development environment. In: 8th International Conference on Autonomous Agent and Muliagent Systems (2009)Google Scholar