Price Prediction in Sports Betting Markets
- 556 Downloads
The sports betting market has emerged as one of the most lucrative markets in recent years. In this kind of prediction market, participants trade assets related to sports events according to their expectations. Prices in sports betting markets continually change depending on what is happening in the event. In this paper we propose an approach focused on predicting price movements in order to make benefits regardless of the final result.
We develop an agent who participates in the market focused on the task of learning the price movements in order to make predictions of future prices. Our approach is based on identifying and learn pattern price movements in order to predict the price movements of new events by using an underlying Case Based Reasoning system.
KeywordsMultiagent System Future Price Price Movement Price Evolution Prediction Market
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Betfair Corporate, http://www.betfaircorporate.com
- 3.Debnath, S., Pennock, D.M., Giles, C.L., Lawrence, S.: Information incorporation in online in-game sports betting markets (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Gayer, I.G.G., Lieberman, O.: Rule-based and case-based reasoning in housing prices (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Guo, M., Pennock, D.: Combinatorial prediction markets for event hierarchies. In: Proceedings of The 8th International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems, pp. 201–208 (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.LeBaron, B.: Agent based computational finance: Suggested readings and early research. Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control (1998)Google Scholar
- 9.Moody, J.: Economic forecasting: Challenges and neural network solutions. In: Proceedings of the International Symposium on Artificial Neural Networks (1995)Google Scholar
- 11.Plott, C.: Markets as information gathering tools, pp. 1–15 (2000)Google Scholar
- 13.Rodriguez-Aguilar, J.A., Martin, F.J., Martn, F.J., Noriega, P., Sierra, C., Garcia, P.: Competitive scenarios for heterogeneous trading agents. In: Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Autonomous Agents (1998)Google Scholar
- 14.Wellman, M., Greenwald, A., Stone, P., Wurman, P.: The 2001 trading agent competition. IEEE Internet Computing 13, 935–941 (2000)Google Scholar