Enhancing Graph Database Indexing by Suffix Tree Structure
Biomedical and chemical databases are large and rapidly growing in size. Graphs naturally model such kinds of data. To fully exploit the wealth of information in these graph databases, scientists require systems that search for all occurrences of a query graph. To deal efficiently with graph searching, advanced methods for indexing, representation and matching of graphs have been proposed.
This paper presents GraphGrepSX. The system implements efficient graph searching algorithms together with an advanced filtering technique.
GraphGrepSX is compared with SING, GraphFind, CTree and GCoding. Experiments show that GraphGrepSX outperforms the compared systems on a very large collection of molecular data. In particular, it reduces the size and the time for the construction of large database index and outperforms the most popular systems.
Keywordssubgraph isomorphism graph database search indexing suffix tree molecular database
- 1.Cheng, J., Ke, Y., Ng, W., Lu, A.: Fg-index: towards verification-free query processing on graph databases. In: Proceedings of ACM SIGMOD International Conference on Management of Data, pp. 857–872 (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Daylight chemical information systems, http://www.daylight.com/
- 7.Frowns, http://frowns.sourceforge.net/
- 8.Giugno, R., Shasha, D.: Graphgrep: A fast and universal method for querying graphs. In: Proceeding of the International Conference in Pattern Recognition (ICPR), pp. 112–115 (2002)Google Scholar
- 9.He, H., Singh, A.K.: Closure-tree: An index structure for graph queries. In: Proceedings of the 22nd International Conference on Data Engineering, ICDE 2006, p. 38 (2006)Google Scholar
- 10.Messmer, B.T., Bunke, H.: Subgraph isomorphism detection in polynominal time on preprocessed model graphs. In: Proceedings of Asian Conference on Computer Vision, pp. 373–382 (1995)Google Scholar
- 11.National Cancer Institute. U.S. National Institute of Health, http://www.cancer.gov/
- 12.Shasha, D., Wang, J.T.-L., Giugno, R.: Algorithmics and applications of tree and graph searching. In: Proceeding of the ACM Symposium on Principles of Database Systems (PODS), pp. 39–52 (2002)Google Scholar
- 15.Zhang, S., Hu, M., Yang, J.: Treepi: A novel graph indexing method. In: Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering, pp. 966–975 (2007)Google Scholar