Integrating Context-Enriched Explanations and Communication in an Adaptive Collaboration Environment
Distributed collaboration among teams involves dynamically changing situations. Making collaboration environment fit the needs of these situations is supported by system-initiated adaptation based on user and team context. Such adaptations may confuse the users, because they cannot remember all adaptation policies. In this paper we propose an approach to present context-enriched explanations to help them understand the adaptation behavior. Also, we describe a social network analysis strategy to identify socially related and current situation relevant communication partners. Integrated on demand communication is facilitated among these partners for discussion and learning about adaptation policies.
KeywordsContext adaptation collaboration environment process support context-enriched explanation communication socially related relevant partner
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Sari, B., Katzy, B., Loeh, H.: Coordination routines behind knowledge intensive work processes. In: 13th Intl. Conf. on Concurrent Enterprising (2007)Google Scholar
- 2.Haake, J.M., Hussein, T., Joop, B., Lukosch, S., Veiel, D., Ziegler, J.: Context modeling for adaptive collaboration. Technical Report 2/2009, Universität Duisburg-Essen (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Lukosch, S., Veiel, D., Haake, J.M.: Towards a context-adaptive integrated shared work environment. Technical Report 1, FernUniversität in Hagen (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Lukosch, S., Veiel, D., Haake, J.M.: Enabling context-adaptive collaboration for knowledge-intense processes. In: 11th Intl. Conf. on Enterprise Inf. Systems (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Veiel, D., Haake, J.M., Lukosch, S.: Extending a shared workspace environment with context-based adaptations. In: Carriço, L., Baloian, N., Fonseca, B. (eds.) CRIWG 2009. LNCS, vol. 5784, pp. 174–181. Springer, Heidelberg (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Veiel, D., Haake, J.M., Lukosch, S.: Facilitating team-based adaptation of shared workspaces. In: Intl. Symposium on Collaborative Technologies and Systems (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Hussain, S.S., Haake, J.M.: Process support for context-based adaptations in a collaboration environment. In: Intl. Symposium on Collaborative Technologies and Systems (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.Representing vCard objects in RDF/XML, http://www.w3.org/TR/vcard-rdf
- 10.FOAF vocabulary specification, http://xmlns.com/foaf/spec/