ARPP: Ant Colony Algorithm Based Resource Performance Prediction Model
- 545 Downloads
Resource performance prediction is the basis of dynamic load balance in distributed computing. A model for resource performance prediction named ARPP is introduced and carried out. ARPP model monitors key parameters of resources and estimates the directions using ant algorithm. The implement and analysis of ARPP is based on GridSim simulator and the process of astronomical image mosaicking application. The experiment result shows the efficiency of the model and the determination of optimized parameters.
KeywordsAnt algorithm Performance prediction Dynamic load balance Distributed computing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Dorigo, M.: Optimiztion, Learning and Natural Algorithma (in Italian). Ph.D. thesis, Dipartimento di Elettronica, Politecnico di Milano, IT (1992)Google Scholar
- 3.Xu, Z.-H., Sun, J.-Z.: Ant algorithm based grid computing and task scheduling. Journal of Tianjin University Science and Technology 37(5), 414–418 (2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Xu, Z., Hou, X., Sun, J.: Ant algorithm based task scheduling in grid computing. CCECE, 1107–1110 (2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Buyya, R., Murshed, M.: GridSim: a toolkit for the modeling and simulation of distributed resource management and scheduling for Grid computing. Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experirence 14(3), 13–15 (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Montage, http://montage.ipac.caltech.edu