A Message Forward Tool for Integration of Clusters of Clusters Based on MPI Architecture
- 544 Downloads
Advances in microprocessor technology, power management and network communication have altered the course of development of multiprocessor architectures in order to bring higher level of processing. The introduction of multi-core technology has boosted computing power provided by high-speed network of workstations and SMPs, providing large computational power at an affordable cost using solely commodity components. In this paper, it is presented a tool for integration of several clusters in a single High-Performance System based on MPI standard. The Gateway Process is responsible for MPI process communication channels control and message forwarding, through the use of a protocol that guarantees message ordering and sender/receiver synchronization. It is implemented to support system scalability, offering resources for point to point and collective operations. Results of experimental tests show that the proposed tool is practical and efficient.
KeywordsMessage Passing Interface Port Number Message Forwarding Collective Operation Administrative Domain
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Foster, I., et al.: The Physiology of The Grid – An Open Grid Services Architecture for Distributed Systems Integration, http://www.globus.org/research/papers/ogsa.pdf
- 2.The Globus Project, http://www.globus.org
- 4.Snir, M., Gropp, W.: MPI the Complete Reference. MIT Press, Cambridge (1998)Google Scholar
- 5.Geist, A., et al.: PVM: Parallel Virtual Machine. A User’s Guide and Tutorial for Networked Parallel Computing. The MIT Press, Cambridge (1994)Google Scholar
- 7.Johnson, K.L., et al.: CRL: high-performance all-software distributed shared memory. ACM SIGOPS Operating Systems 29(5) (1995)Google Scholar
- 9.Gabriel, E., Resch, M., Ruhle, R.: Implementing MPI with optimized algorithms for metacomputing. In: Message Passing Interface Developer’s and Users Conference (1999)Google Scholar
- 10.Massetto, F.I., Sato, L.M., Li, K.C.: A Novel Strategy for Building Interoperable MPI Environment in Heterogeneous High Performance Systems. Journal of Supercomputing (in press, available via Online First) (2010)Google Scholar