Validating and Designing a Service Centric View for C2TP: Cloud Computing Tipping Point Model
This paper attempts to extend current research efforts in cloud computing by creating a value model for ICT organisations to objectively determine to invest in either cloud computing or continue investing with on premise hosting options. The model will attempt to factor ICT organisations’ business attributes, financial attributes and technical attributes to provide a balanced view. Previously the authors of this paper have proposed a Cloud Computing Tipping Point model to address these gaps in research. The author also attempts to enable the model with package of services to exchange information with 3 rd parties and agents that consumes the model. This paper attempts to validate the Cloud Computing Tipping Point model by leveraging surveys. The paper also attempts to validate the model by creating an artifact to demonstrate the model’s capability. It continues to discusses the authors attempt to enable service centric capability by leveraging service oriented architecture (SOA) concepts. This paper concludes by introducing a standard based XML taxonomy to exchange information between the model and its clients or agents.
KeywordsCloud Computing Cloud Computing Enterprise Architecture Tipping Point C2PT CTPML Cloud taxonomy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Claburn, T.: Google’s cloud evangelism converts enterprise customers – International auto parts supplier Valeo has agreed to deploy Google Apps across its 30,000-member workforce. Information Week (2009), http://www.informationweek.com/news/internet/google/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=217400855# (Retrieved on October 06, 2006)
- 2.COBIT 4.1: Executive Summary Framework. IT Governance Institute. ISACA.org, pp. 4–16 (2007)Google Scholar
- 3.Emig, C., Krutz, K., Link, S., Momm, C., Abeck, S.: Model-Driven Development of SOA Services, Cooperation & Management, Universität Karlsruhe (TH), Germany, p. 2 (2007), http://www.cm-tm.uka.de/CM-Web/07.Publikationen/%5BEK+07%5D_Model_Driven_Development_of_SOA_Services.pdf
- 4.Evans, S.: Google secures biggest ever apps project. CBR. Progressive Media Group (2009), http://www.cbronline.com/news/google_secures_biggest_ever_apps_contract_140509 (Retrieved on October 06, 2006)
- 5.Erl, T.: Service-Oriented Architecture: concepts, technology and design. Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Henkel, M., Zdravkovic, J.: Approaches to Service Interface Design. In: Proceedings of the Web Service Interoperability Workshop, First International Conference on Interoperability of Enterprise Software and Applications (INTEROP-ESA 2005). Hermes Science Publisher, Geneva (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Huhns, M., Singh, M.: IEEE Internet Computing, January edn. IEEE Computer Society, Los Alamitos (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Peiris, Balachandran, Sharma: Cloud Computing Value Proposition: An Interrogation. Cloud Computing & Virtualization, Singapore, pp. 6–7 (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.Peiris, Balachandran, Sharma: Service Centric Model for Cloud Computing Tipping Point of an ICT Organization. Cloud Computing & Virtualization, Singapore, pp. 1–2 (2010)Google Scholar
- 10.Peiris, Balachandran, Sharma: C2TP: Detailed analysis of Cloud Computing Tipping Point model. In: KES, Baltimore, pp. 6–7 (2010)Google Scholar
- 11.Phillipps, K.: Important Reorganization of Valeo to Enhance Profitability and Improve Efficiency. PR Hub. (2009), http://blog.taragana.com/pr/important-reorganization-of-valeo-to-enhance-profitability-and-improve-efficiency-4141/ (Retrieved on October 06, 2006)