Realistic 3D-Modeling of Forest Growth with Natural Effect
At present laser scanning integrated with traditional air photography is a priority tendency for forest assessment and monitoring. This direction of research is based on modern technique of digital photogrammetry and geographic information systems (GIS), also on digital multidimensional signals processing. Terrain 3D-modelng with mapped growth is one of the main tasks during initial stage of virtual forest assessment. Proposed method permits to use LIDAR and air photography data for modeling terrain and rendering fractal texture of growth. Also our approach includes imitation of natural effects such as fog, rain, snow blanket and etc.
KeywordsGeographic Information System Fractal Brownian Motion Natural Effect Digital Terrain Model Snow Layer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Harabasz, J.: Out-of-Core Terrain Rendering with Reparameterized Textures. In: CESCG 2004, pp. 191–199 (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Li, Q.-Z., Gao, X.-R.: Generation and Visualization of 3-D Realistic Natural Terrain Based on FBM. In: ICIG 2007, vol. 1020, pp. 915–919 (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Potapov, A.A., Pakhomov, A.A., Nikitin, S.A., Gulyaev, Y.V.: Noveishie metody obrabotki izobrazheniy. Fizmatlit, Moskow (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Pentland, A.P.: Fractal-Based Description of Natural Scenes. IEEE Trans. PAMI 6(6), 661–674 (1984)Google Scholar
- 8.Foldes, D., Beneš, B.: Occlusion-Based Snow Accumulation Simulation. In: Vriphys 2007, pp. 35–41 (2007)Google Scholar