Improving the E-Store Business Model for Satisfying Customers’ Needs Using a Hybrid MCDM Combined DANP with Grey Relational Model
The current paper aims to qualitatively and quantitatively measure and evaluate e-store index criteria used to achieve the aspired levels for satisfying customers’ needs. Such research should help e-store managers understand customers’ feelings and requirements for improving the e-store business. Therefore, in the current approach, we use a hybrid MCDM model to address the dependent relational problems among the criteria. Specifically, we combine DANP (DEMATEL-based ANP) and grey relation analysis (GRA) methods to calculate the relative importance weights and relation of the criteria between interdependence and feedback. We also propose a strategy to improve the criteria gap for closing to the aspired levels of human life and convenient service. As such, this research can provide e-store managers with an understanding of how to improve business models in order to achieve consumers’ needs and promote more repurchases and enable them to devise the best marketing strategies to provide the most effective and efficient service for their customers.
KeywordsAnalytic Hierarchy Process Grey Relation Analysis Information Search Grey Relation Grade Relative Importance Weight
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Engel, J.F., Blackwell, R.D., Miniard, P.W.: Consumer behavior. Dryden Press, Orlando (1990)Google Scholar
- 2.Robert, M.O.K., McEachern, T.: Web-based customer decision support systems. Communications of the ACM (Association for Computing Machinery) 41(3), 71–78 (1998)Google Scholar
- 3.Gauri, D.K., Bhatnagar, A., Rao, R.: Role of word of mouth in online store loyalty. Communications of the ACM (Association for Computing Machinery) 51(3), 89–91 (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Gabus, A., Fontela, E.: World problems, an invitation to further thought within the framework of DEMATEL battelle institute. Geneva Research Centre, Geneva, Switzerland (1972)Google Scholar
- 7.Lin, C.L., Hsieh, M.S., Tzeng, G.H.: Evaluating vehicle telematics system by using a novel MCDM techniques with dependence and feedback. Expert Systems with Applications (2010) (forthcoming)Google Scholar
- 10.Ou Yang, Y.P., et al.: A novel hybrid MCDM model combined with DEMATEL and ANP with applications. International Journal of Operations Research 5(3), 160–168 (2008)Google Scholar
- 12.Chiou, H., Tzeng, G.: Fuzzy hierarchical evaluation with grey relation model of green engineering for industry. International Journal of Fuzzy System 3(3), 466–475 (2001)Google Scholar
- 13.Deng, J.: Grey forecasting and decision. Huazhong University of Science and Technology Press, Wuhan (1986)Google Scholar
- 14.Wu, H., Deng, J., Wen, K.: Introduction of grey analysis. Gau-Li Publication Inc., Taiwan (1996)Google Scholar