Varieties of Regularities in Weighted Sequences
A weighted sequence is a string in which a set of characters may appear at each position with respective probabilities of occurrence. A common task is to identify repetitive motifs in weighted sequences, with presence probability not less than a given threshold. We consider the problems of finding varieties of regularities in a weighted sequence. Based on the algorithms for computing all the repeats of every length by using an iterative partitioning technique, we also tackle the all-covers problem and all-seeds problem. Both problems can be solved in O(n 2) time.
KeywordsEquivalence Class Weighted Sequence Biological Sequence Respective Probability Real Factor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Brodal, G.S., Lyngsø, R.B., Pedersen, C.N.S., Stoye, J.: Finding Maximal Pairs with Bounded Gap. Journal of Discrete Algorithms, Special Issue of Matching Patterns 1(1), 77–104 (2000)Google Scholar
- 3.Christodoulakis, M., Iliopoulos, C.S., Perdikuri, K., Tsichlas, K.: Searching the regularities in weighted sequences. In: Proc. of the International Conference of Computational Methods in Science and Engineering. Lecture Series on Computer and Computational Sciences, pp. 701–704. Springer, Heidelberg (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Iliopoulos, C.S., Makris, C., Panagis, Y., Perdikuri, K., Theodoridis, E., Tsakalidis, A.: Efficient Algorithms for Handling Molecular Weighted Sequences. IFIP Theoretical Computer Science 147, 265–278 (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Iliopoulos, C.S., Mouchard, L., Perdikuri, K., Tsakalidis, A.: Computing the repetitions in a weighted sequence. In: Proc. of the 8th Prague Stringology Conference (PSC 2003), pp. 91–98 (2003)Google Scholar
- 11.Iliopoulos, C.S., Perdikuri, K., Zhang, H.: Computing the regularities in biological weighted sequence. In: String Algorithmics. NATO Book series, pp. 109–128 (2004)Google Scholar
- 15.Zhang, H., Guo, Q., Iliopoulos, C.S.: Loose and strict repeats in weighted sequences. In: Proc. of the International Conference on Intelligent Computing, ICIC 2009 (accepted 2009)Google Scholar