Neighbour Replica Transaction Failure Framework in Data Grid
Significant and urgent requirement to obtain solutions to manage, distribute and access large sets of raw and processed data efficiently and effectively in the emerging distributed systems such as the data grid. Data grid deals with the efficient management, placement and replication of large amounts of data. Nowadays, replication in distributed environment receives particular attention for providing efficient access to data, fault tolerance and enhance the performance of the system. This paper presents the new Neighbour Replica Transaction Failure Framework (NRTFF) in data grid. We address how to build reliable system for managing transaction on Neighbour Replication Data Grid (NRDG) to maintain data availability, fault tolerance and at the same time avoid the deadlock. The result shows that managing transactions on NRDG through the proposed NRTFF provides fault tolerance capabilities that allow to withstand failure both in handling quorum locking and the transaction execution.
KeywordsTransaction NRDG NRTFF replication data grid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Iosup, A., Li, H., Jan, M., Anoep, S., Dumitrescu, C., Wolters, L., Epema, D.H.J.: The Grid Workloads Archive (24), 672–686 (2008)Google Scholar
- 2.Stockinger, H.: Distributed Database Management Systems and The Data Grid. In: IEEE NASA Symposium, pp. 1–12 (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.ATLAS at the University of Chicago, http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=RedirectURL&_method=externObjLink&_locator=url&_cdi=5638&_plusSign=%2B&_targetURL=http%253A%252F%252Fhep.uchicago.edu%252Fatlas%252F (available on March 23, 2010)
- 4.Large-scale Data Replication for LIGO, http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=RedirectURL&_method=externObjLink&_locator=url&_cdi=5638&_plusSign=%2B&_targetURL=http%253A%252F%252Fwww.globus.org%252Fsolutions%252Fdata%25255Freplication%252F (available on March 20, 2010)
- 10.Chen, C., Zhou, W.: A Solution for Fault-Tolerant in Replicated Database Systems, pp. 411–422. Springer, Heidelberg (2003)Google Scholar
- 11.Zehui, M., Bin, J., Peng, S.: Observer based Fault-Tolerant Control for a Class of Nonlinear Networked Control Systems. Journal of the Franklin Institute (2010) (Article in Press), doi:10.1016/j.jfranklin.2010.01.007Google Scholar