Lowest Data Replication Storage of Binary Vote Assignment Data Grid
Data replication is one of the mechanisms in data grid architecture since it improves data access and reliability. There are many replication techniques exist in distributed systems environment include Read-One-Write-All (ROWA), Branch Replication Scheme (BRS), Hierarchical Replication Scheme (HRS) and our previous Binary Vote Assignment Data Grid (BVADG) techniques. All these techniques deploy different approaches of data placement in distributed environment. This paper presents the comparison of the replication storage between all these techniques. The result shows that BVADG has the lowest data replication storage between ROWA, BRS and HRS due to the small quorum approach of data placement.
KeywordsROWA BRS HRS BVADG data grid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Noraziah, A., Deris, M.M., Ahmed, N.A., Norhayati, R., Saman, M.Y., Zeyed, M.Y.: Preserving Data Consistency through Neighbour Replication on Grid Daemon. American Journal of Applied Science 4(10), 748–755 (2007)Google Scholar
- 3.Yair, A.: On the Performance of Wide-Area Synchronous Database Replication, Technical Report CNDS-2002-4 (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Peris, R.J., Martínez, M.P., Kemme, B., Alonso, G.: How to Select a Replication Protocol According to Scalability, Availability, and Communication Overhead. In: 20th IEEE Symposium on Reliable Distributed Systems (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.Replication (computer science), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replication_computer_science
- 11.Jin, H., Cortes, T., Buyya, R.: High Performance Mass Storage and Parallel I/O: Technologies and Applications. IEEE Press/Wiley (2002)Google Scholar
- 12.Carballeira, F.G., Carretero, J., Calderon, A., Garcia, J.D., Sanchez, L.M.: A Global and Parallel File System for Grids. Future Generation Computer Systems 23 (2007)Google Scholar
- 13.Pérez, J.M., Carballeira, F.G., Carretero, J., Calderón, A., Fernandez, J.: Branch Replication Scheme, A New model for Data Replication in Large Scale Data Grids, Computer Architecture Group, Computer Science Department, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Leganes, Madrid, Spain (2009)Google Scholar
- 14.Deris, M.M., Mamat, R., Noraziah, A., Suzuri, H.M.: High Service Reliability for Cluster Server Systems. In: International Conference on Cluster Computing, pp. 280–287 (2003)Google Scholar
- 15.ATLAS at the University of Chicago, http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=RedirectURL&_method=externObjLink&_locator=url&_cdi=5638&_plusSign=%2B&_targetURL=http%253A%252F%252Fhep.uchicago.edu%252Fatlas%252F (available on March 23, 2010)