A New Image Quality Measure Considering Perceptual Information and Local Spatial Feature
- 505 Downloads
This paper presents a new comparative objective method for image quality evaluation. This method relies on two keys points: a local objective evaluation and a perceptual gathering. The local evaluation concerns the dissimilarities between the degraded image and the reference image; it is based on a gray-level local Hausdorff distance. This local Hausdorff distance uses a generalized distance transform which is studied here. The evaluation result is a local dissimilarity map (LDMap). In order to include perceptual information, a perceptual map based on the image properties is then proposed. The coefficients of this map are used to weight and to gather the LDMap measures into a single quality measure. The perceptual map is tunable and it gives encouraging quality measures even with naive parameters.
KeywordsQuality measure gray-level image image comparison Hausdorff distance distance transform local dissimilarity measure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Arlandis, J., Pérez, J.C.: The continuos distance transformation: A generalization of the distance transformation for continuos-valued images. In: Amsterdam, I. (ed.) Pattern Recognition & Applications (2000)Google Scholar
- 5.Toivanen, P., Elmongui, H.: Sequential local transform algorithms for gray-level distance transforms. In: Proc. of the 9th Eur. Sig. Proc. Conf. (1998)Google Scholar
- 6.Rutovitz, D.: Data structures for operations on digital images. In: Cheng, G.C., Ledley, R.S., Pollok, D.K., Rosenfeld, A. (eds.) Pictorial Pattern Recognition, pp. 105–133 (1968)Google Scholar
- 7.Lorenzetto, G.P.: Image comparison metrics: A review, July 25 (1998)Google Scholar
- 9.Dinet, E., Bartholin, A.: A spatio-colorimetric model of visual attention. In: Proc. of the Expert Symp. on Visual Appearance, Paris, CIE, October 2006, pp. 97–105 (2006)Google Scholar
- 10.Sheikh, H.R., Wang, Z., Cormack, L., Bovik, A.C.: Live image quality assessment database release, Technical report, University of Texas (2005), http://live.ece.utexas.edu/research/quality