On the Consideration of an UMTS/S-UMTS Based GEO-MSS System Architecture Design
- 630 Downloads
To address the special requirements of China’s future public satellite mobile network (PSMN), three system architecture schemes are proposed in this paper basing on different satellite payload processing modeling. Finally, one of them, i.e., the so-called passive part on-board switching based architecture, is selected as a proposal for further design and development of China’s PSMN system, which essentially compatible to the 3GPP/UMTS R4 reference model.
KeywordsMSS GEO UMTS network architecture
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Iridium Satellite LLC web page, http://www.iridium.com/
- 2.Globalstar INC web page, http://www.globalstar.com/
- 3.Thuraya Telecommunications Company web site, http://www.thuraya.com/
- 4.Inmarsat PLC web site, http://www.inmarsat.com/
- 5.Mobile Satellite Ventures web site, http://www.msvlp.com/
- 6.Terrestar Corporation web site, http://www.terrestar.com/
- 7.Lloyd’s Satellite Constellations Overview, http://personal.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/constellations/references.html
- 8.3rd GPP Technical Specification Group Services and Systems Aspects: Network architecture, Release 4, 3GPP TS 23.002 V4.8.0 (2003-2006)Google Scholar
- 9.Satellite component of UMTS/IMT-2000: General aspects and principles, ETSI TR 101 865 v1.2.1. (2002-2009) (technical report)Google Scholar