A Quantum Immune Algorithm for Multiobjective Parallel Machine Scheduling
The study presents a novel quantum immune algorithm (QIA) for solving the parallel machine scheduling in the textile manufacturing industry. In this proposed algorithm, there are distinct characteristics as follows. First, the encoding method is based on Q-bit representation. Second, a novel mutation operator with a chaos-based rotation gate is proposed. Most importantly, two diversity schemes, suppression algorithm and similarity-based truncation algorithm, are employed to preserve the diversity of the population, and a new selection scheme is proposed to create the new population. Simulation results show that QIA is better than two quantum-inspired evolutionary algorithms.
Keywordsimmune algorithm multiobjective optimization quantum computing knapsack problem
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Gao, J.Q., He, G.X., Wang, Y.S.: Multi-objective scheduling problems subjected to special process constraint. In: Proc. IEEE Congr. Evolutionary Computation, Hongkong, China, pp. 105–110. IEEE Press, Los Alamitos (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Li, B.B., Wang, L.: A hybrid quantum-inspired genetic algorithm for multiobjective flow shop scheduling. IEEE Trans. Evol. Comput. 37(3), 576–591 (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Kim, Y., Kim, J.H., Han, K.H.: Quantum-inspired multiobjective evolutionary algorithm for multiobjective 0/1 knapsack problems. In: Proc. 2006 IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation, Vancouver, Canada, pp. 2601–2606. IEEE Press, Los Alamitos (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Li, P.C., Li, S.Y.: Learning algorithm and application of quantum BP neural networks based on universial quantum gates. J. Sys. Eng. Electron. 19(1), 167–174 (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Li, P.C., Li, S.Y.: Quantum ant colony algorithm for continuous space optimization. Chinese J. Contr. Theory Appl. 25(2), 237–241 (2008)Google Scholar
- 9.Gao, J.Q., Fang, L., Wang, J.: WBMOAIS: A weight-based multiobjective immune algorithm: WBMOIA. Eng. Optimiz., doi:10.1080/03052150903406563 (to appear)Google Scholar