Discrete Model-Based Adaptive Critic Designs in Wheeled Mobile Robot Control
In this paper a discrete tracking control algorithm for a non-holonomic two–wheeled mobile robot (WMR) is presented. The basis of the control algorithm is an Adaptive Critic Design (ACD) in two model-based configurations: Heuristic Dynamic Programming (HDP) and Dual Heuristic Programming (DHP). In proposed control algorithm Actor–Critic structure, composed of two neural networks (NN), is supplied by a PD controller and a supervisory term derived from the Lyapunov stability theorem. The control algorithm works on-line and does not require preliminary learning. Verification of the proposed control algorithm was realized on a WMR Pioneer–2DX.
KeywordsApproximate Dynamic Programming Dual Heuristic Programming Heuristic Dynamic Programming Neural Networks Tracking Control Wheeled Mobile Robots
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bellman, R.: Dynamic Programming. Princeton University Press, New York (1957)Google Scholar
- 2.Giergiel, J., Hendzel, Z., Zylski, W.: Modeling and Control of Wheeled Mobile Robots. WNT, Warsaw (2002) (in Polish)Google Scholar
- 3.Giergiel, J., Zylski, W.: Description of Motion of a Mobile Robot by Maggie’s Equations. Journal of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics 43, 511–521 (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Hendzel, Z., Szuster, M.: Discrete Model-Based Dual Heuristic Programming in Wheeled Mobile Robot Control. In: 10th International Conference on Dynamical Systems - Theory and Applications, Lodz, pp. 745–752 (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Hendzel, Z., Szuster, M.: Heuristic Dynamic Programming in Wheeled Mobile Robot Control. In: 14th IFAC International Conference on Methods and Models in Automation and Robotics, Miedzyzdroje, pp. 37–41 (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Krishnaiah, D., et al.: Application of Ultrasonic Waves Coupled with Functional Link Neural Network for Estimation of Carrageenan Concentration. International Journal of Physical Sciences 3, 90–96 (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Powell, W.B.: Approximate Dynamic Programming: Solving the Curses of Dimensionality. Willey-Interscience, Princeton (2007)Google Scholar
- 10.Si, J., Barto, A.G., Powell, W.B., Wunsch, D.: Handbook of Learning and Approximate Dynamic Programming. IEEE Press, Wiley-Interscience (2004)Google Scholar