Analysis of the Distribution of Individuals in Modified Genetic Algorithms
The article presents the results of the analysis of the distribution of individuals in a modified genetic algorithm for solving function optimization problems. In the proposed modification of the genetic algorithm, we use the fuzzy logic controller (FLC). The authors proposed the FLC, which estimates all individuals in the population and modifies the probability of the selection to the parents’ pool and the probability of the mutation of their genes. In the article we present the results of the analysis of the distribution of individuals in all generations of the algorithm. We compared the results of the elementary algorithm and the algorithm with the adaptation of the selection and mutation probabilities. The new algorithm has been tested on a number of sophisticated functions with satisfactory results.
Keywordsfuzzy logic genetic algorithms artificial intelligence function optimization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Driankov, D., Hellendoorn, H., Reinfrank, M.: An Introduction to Fuzzy Logic. Springer, Berlin (1993)Google Scholar
- 3.Kwasnicka, H.: Evolutionary Computation in Artificial Intelligence. In: Publishing House of the Wroclaw University of Technology, Wroclaw, Poland (1999) (in Polish)Google Scholar
- 5.Piegat, A.: Fuzzy modelling and control. Academic Publishing House EXIT, Warsaw (1999) (in Polish)Google Scholar
- 6.Pytel, K., Kluka, G.: Application of fuzzy logic to aid individual’s evolution in genetic algorithms. In: Pytel, K., Kluka, G. (eds.) Studies in Automation and Information Technology. Publishing House of the Poznan Society for the Advancement of the Arts and Sciences, Poznan (2002)Google Scholar
- 7.Rutkowska, D.: Intelligent Computational Systems. Academic Publishing House PLJ, Warsaw (1997) (in Polish)Google Scholar
- 8.Rutkowska, D., Pilinski, M., Rutkowski, L.: Neural Networks, Genetic Algorithms and Fuzzy Systems. PWN Scientific Publisher, Warsaw (1997) (in Polish)Google Scholar