Web-Based Optimization System Applied to the Teaching of Mathematical Programming
An approach is proposed that will easily enable operational researchers and systems managers to obtain an optimized response of the generated model. The Web-based Optimization System provides an environment for modeling and solving a model in mathemathical programming. The environment uses a distributed architecture that turned the system extensible and very independent of platforms and the fabricants of solvers, also being able itself to connect proper optimization softwares. The study demonstrates the importance that the Internet has potential to be an important component in optimization systems.
KeywordsOptimization Web Mathematical Programming Decision Support System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Czyzyk, J., Owen, J.H., Wright, S.J.: Optimization on the Internet. OR/MS Today 24(5), 48–49 (1997)Google Scholar
- 5.Geoffrion, A.M., Maturana, S.: Generating Optimization-Based Decision Support Systems (1995)Google Scholar
- 7.Pinheiro, P.R., Oliveira, J.A.: Web-Based Optimization System Applied to High School Schedule Building. In: Burke, E.K., Trick, M.A. (eds.) PATAT 2004. LNCS, vol. 3616, pp. 553–557. Springer, Heidelberg (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Schrage, L.: Optimization Modeling with LINDO API, 1st edn. LINDO Systems Inc., USA (2002)Google Scholar
- 9.Yen, B.P.: WEB-Based Simulation Tools, pp. 18–22. The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong (1997)Google Scholar