Modeling Project Management Competences: An Ontology-Based Solution for Competency-Based Learning
Due to growing requirements for skilled workers, the education should value the outcome and address students’ real performance in life. A learning process turns out to be good when the degree of transformation made possible through that process is high or the degree of competences increases. Current paper indicates e-learning as a suitable activity for competences development. The authors also argue that a proper competences modeling solution would increase the efficiency of competence-based learning. Consequently, an ontology based solution is presented for project management domain.
Keywordsproject management competency-based learning e-learning educational ontology competence catalog
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Commission of the European Communities: Proposal for a Recommendation of the European Parliament and of the Council on Key Competences for Lifelong Learning, Brussels, Belgium (2005)Google Scholar
- 2.Bodea, C., Elmas, C., Tanasescu, A., Dascalu, M.: An Ontological-based Mpdel for Competences in Sustenaible Development projects: a Case Study for Project’s Commercial Acitivities. Amfiteatru Economic Journal 1, 177–190 (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Delcea, C., Dascalu, M.: Knowledge Strategies Tools for Managing Enterprise Crisis. In: The 4th International Conference on Knowledge Management: Projects, Systems and Technologies, Bucharest, Romania, pp. 115–117 (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Gilbert, L., Gale, V., Warburton, B., Wills, G.: Report on Summative E-Assessment Quality (REAQ). Joint Information Systems Committee, Southampton (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Bodea, C., Dascalu, M.: Designing Project Management Tests based on Semantic Nets and Concept Space Graph.. In: Creating Global Economies through Innovation and Knowledge Management: Theory & Practice, Proceedings of the 12th International Business Information Management Association Conference, Kuala Lumpur, pp. 1232–1236 (2009)Google Scholar
- 9.AL-Smadi, M., Guetl, C., Helic, D.: Towards a Standardized E-Assessment System: Motivations. In: Challenges and First Findings. ICML, The 4th International Conference on Mobile and Computer Aided Learning (2009)Google Scholar
- 10.ICB-International Project Management Association Competence Baseline Version 3.0, http://www.pm.org.ro/ICB-V-3-0/ICB-V-3-0.pdf
- 11.Bodea, C.: An Innovative System for Learning Services in Project Management. In: Proceedings of 2007 IEEE/INFORMS International Conference on Service Operations and Logistics And Informatics, Philadelphia, SUA, August 27-29, pp. 417–421 (2007), Library of Congress: 2007922395Google Scholar
- 12.IMS Global Learning Consortium (1999-2007), http://www.imsglobal.org/