Course Evaluation Study in Europe: The Current Picture
Course evaluation is one of the key processes in the educational context that is in charge of the assurance of quality of courses taught in an institution. Although it is an essential process realized in every institution, the procedure followed for course evaluation does not comply with any evaluation standard. The objectives of this document are: to define a course evaluation concept map to understand better the needs of this field; to analyze the course evaluation standard ISO/IEC 19796, the only standard for course evaluation; and finally, to carry out a study of European institutions evaluation processes to determine why anyone is using standards in this learning process.
Keywordscourse evaluation shared-teaching ISO/IEC 19796
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. ISO, IEC 19796-1: 2005, Information technology-Learning, education and training-Quality management, assurance and met rics-Part 1: General approach Google Scholar
- 2.S. ISO, IEC 19796-3: 2005, Information technology-Learning, education and training-Quality management, assurance and metrics-Part 3: Reference methods and metrics Google Scholar
- 3.ICOPER project website, http://www.icoper.org
- 4.ABET. 2008-2009 Accreditation Policy and Procedure ManualGoogle Scholar
- 5.Hirata, K.: Information Model for Quality Management Methods in e-Learning. In: Sixth International Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies, pp. 1147–1148 (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Bubaš, G., Balaban, I., Begičević, N.: Evaluation of online courses as an element of instructional design: The case of two hybrid university courses. In: Proceedings of the Conference Computers in Education, 30th International Convention MIPRO 2007, Opatija, Croatia, pp. 216–221 (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.QAAHE, Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (2009), http://www.qaa.ac.uk/
- 8.Universities UK: Quality and standards in UK universities: A guide to how the system works (November 2008) http://www.universitiesuk.ac.uk/
- 9.Bergström, P., Granberg, C., Segerbrant, P., Österlund, D.: Course evaluation - Course development. Journal of Teacher Education 4, 10–32 (2006)Google Scholar