A Security Proposal Based on a Real Time Agent to Protect Web Services Against DoS Attack
This paper describes a novel proposal based on a real time agent to detect and block denial of service attacks within web services environments. The real time agent incorporates a classification mechanism based on a Case-Base Reasoning (CBR) model, where the different CBR phases are time bounded. In addition, the reuse phase of the CBR cycle incorporates a mixture of experts to choose a specific technique of classification depending on the feature of the attack and the available time to solve the classification.
KeywordsMulti-agent System CBR Web Service SOAP Message DoS attacks
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.De Paz, J.F., Rodríguez, S., Bajo, J., Corchado, J.M.: Case-based reasoning as a decision support system for cancer diagnosis: A case study. International Journal of Hybrid Intelligent Systems 6, 97–110 (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Dean, T., Boddy, M.S.: An Analysis of Time-Dependent Planning. In: 7th National Conference on Artificial Intelligence, pp. 49–54 (1988)Google Scholar
- 5.Gruschka, N., Jensen, M., Luttenberger, N.: A Stateful Web Service Firewall for BPEL. In: IEEE International Conference on Web Services, pp. 142–149 (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Im, E.G., Song, Y.H.: An Adaptive Approach to Handle DoS Attack for Web Services. In: Heidelberg, S.B. (ed.) Intelligence and Security Informatics, pp. 634–635 (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Julian, V., Botti, V.: Developing real-time multi-agent systems. Integrated Computer- Aided Engineering 11, 135–149 (2004)Google Scholar