Spatially Varying Regularization of Image Sequences Super-Resolution
This paper presents a spatially varying super-resolution approach that estimates a high-resolution image from the low-resolution image sequences and better removes Gaussian additive noise with high variance. Firstly, a spatially varying functional in terms of local mean residual is used to weight each low-resolution channel. Secondly, a newly adaptive regularization functional based on the spatially varying residual is determined within each low-resolution channel instead of the overall regularization parameter, which balances the prior term and fidelity residual term at each iteration. Experimental results indicate the obvious performance improvement in both PSNR and visual effect compared to non-channel-weighted method and overall-channel-weighted method.
KeywordsSuper resolution spatially varying weight adaptive regularization functional local mean residual
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Leung, C.M., Lu, W.S.: A multiple-parameter generalization of the tikhonov-miller regularization method for image restoration. In: 27th Annual Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems, and Computers, vol. 2, pp. 856–860 (1993)Google Scholar
- 5.He, H., Kondi, L.P.: Resolution enhancement of video sequences with adaptively weighted low-resolution images and simultaneous estimation of the regularization parameter. In: Int. Conf. Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, vol. 3(5), pp. 213–216 (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Galatsanos, N.P., Katsaggelos, A.K.: Cross-validation and other criteria for estimating the regularization parameter. In: International Conference Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP 1991), vol. 4, pp. 3021–3024 (1991)Google Scholar
- 8.Bose, N.K., Lertrattanapanich, S., Koo, J.: Advances in superresolution using L-curve. In: The IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems, Sydney, vol. 2, pp. 433–436 (2001)Google Scholar
- 12.Kang, M.G., Katsaggelos, A.K.: Simultaneous Multichannel Image Restoration and Estimation of the Regularization parameters. IEEE Trans. Image Processing, 774–778 (1997)Google Scholar
- 13.Gilboa, G., Sochen, N., Zeevi, Y.Y.: Texture Preserving Variational Denoising Using an Adaptive Fidelity Term. In: Proc. VLSM 2003, Nice, France (2003)Google Scholar