Untraceable Tags Based on Mild Assumptions
Radio frequency identification (RFID) chips have been widely deployed in large-scale systems such as inventory control and supply chain management. While RFID technology has much advantage, however it may create new problems to privacy. Tag untraceability is a significant concern that needs to be addressed in deploying RFID-based system.
In this paper we propose a new construction for untraceable tags. Our construction is the first construction in the symmetric bilinear setting based on a mild assumption. That is our assumption is tautological in the generic group model and is “efficiently falsifiable” in the sense that its problem instances are stated non-interactively and concisely (i.e., independently of the number of adversarial queries and other large quantities).
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ateniese, G., Camenisch, J., de Medeiros, B.: Untraceable rfid tags via insubvertible encryption. In: Atluri, V., Meadows, C., Juels, A. (eds.) ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security, pp. 92–101. ACM, New York (2005)Google Scholar
- 2.Blundo, C., De Caro, A., Persiano, G.: Untraceable tags based on mild assumptions. Cryptology ePrint Archive, Report 2009/380 (2009), http://eprint.iacr.org/
- 4.The dcrypt Library. Ver. 0.3, http://www.scs.cs.nyu.edu/css/lab/dcrypt_fns.html
- 5.Garfinkel, S., Rosenberg, B.: RFID: Applications, Security, and Privacy. Addison-Wesley Professional, Reading (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Golle, P., Jakobsson, M., Juels, A., Syverson, P.F.: Universal re-encryption for mixnets. In: Okamoto, T. (ed.) CT-RSA 2004. LNCS, vol. 2964, pp. 163–178. Springer, Heidelberg (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Maxell. Coil-on-Chip RFID (2009), http://www.maxei.co.jp/products/coc/eng-smal_chip.html
- 9.Naor, M.: On cryptographic assumptions and challenges (invited talk). In: Boneh, D. (ed.) CRYPTO 2003. LNCS, vol. 2729, pp. 96–109. Springer, Heidelberg (2003)Google Scholar
- 10.Near field communication forum, http://www.nfc-forum.org/
- 11.PBC: The Pairing-Based Cryptography Library. Ver. 0.4.18, http://crypto.stanford.edu/pbc/
- 12.Shoup, V.: Lower bounds for discrete logarithms and related problems. In: Fumy, W. (ed.) EUROCRYPT 1997. LNCS, vol. 1233, pp. 256–266. Springer, Heidelberg (1997)Google Scholar
- 13.TegoTag (2009), http://www.tegoinc.com/