Analysis of Recent Global Geopotential Models Over the Croatian Territory
- 2k Downloads
Independent quality control of the national geoid model HRG2000 was performed using 65 control points, obtained through the realization of EUVN and EUVN_DA projects and the Croatian fundamental gravity network. Ellipsoidal heights and positions of the control points are precisely determined by GNSS measurements while the geodetic heights are obtained by geometric levelling.
The latest geoid model HRG2000 is related to the old vertical system. The analysis indicated the need for a new improved national geoid model which has to be connected to the new vertical system HVRS71. As preparation, and as first step, an analysis of the global geopotential models was made, using eleven recent CHAMP and/or GRACE global models. The statistics of the differences between GNSS/levelling height anomalies (ζHVRS71) and corresponding anomalies obtained from global geopotential models (ζMODEL) shows that EGM2008 model is most suitable at this moment. Another interesting fact is that all global models are approximately 93 cm above the new Croatian vertical datum.
KeywordsGeoid modelling National vertical systems Global geopotential models EGM2008
- Bašić, T. (2001). Detailed geoid model of the Republic of Croatia (in Croatian). Reports of the state geodetic administration on scientific and professional projects in the year 2000. Zagreb, Ed. Landek I., pp. 11–22.Google Scholar
- Bašić, T. and M. Šljivarić (2003). Utility programs for using the data of the official croatian geoid and coordinatetransformation between HDKS and ETRS. Reports of the State Geodetic Administration on Scientific and Professional Projects from the Year 2001. Zagreb, Ed. Landek I., pp. 21–32.Google Scholar
- Bašić, T. and Ž. Hećimović (2006). Latest geoid determinations for the Republic of Croatia. Newton’s Bullet., 3. http://www.iges.polimi.it/index/pubbli/ new_bulletins.htm.
- Kenyeres, A., J. Ihde, et al. (2002). EUREF Action for the densification of the EUVN Network. Presented at the EUREF Symposium, Ponta Delgada.Google Scholar
- Marjanović, M. and Lj. Rašić (1998). Results of the EUVN 1997 GPS Campaign in Croatia. Paper presented at the Second International Symposium Geodynamics of the Alps-Adria Area by means of Terrestrial and Satellite Methods, Dubrovnik.Google Scholar
- Pavlis, N.K., S.A. Holmes, S.C. Kenyon, and J.K. Factor (2008). An earth gravitational model to degree 2160: EGM2008. Geophys. Res. Abs., 10.Google Scholar
- URL1 (2008), http://icgem.gfzpotsdam.de/ICGEM/ICGEM. html.
- URL2 (2008), http://earth-info.nima.mil/GandG/wgs84/ gravitymod /egm2008/index.html/