A Network Optimization Model for Multi-layer IP/MPLS over OTN/DWDM Networks
The operational model for large Internet service providers is moving to a multi-layer architecture consisting of IP/MPLS coupled with OTN/DWDM. While there has been significant work on multi-layer networks, the explicit modeling in IP/MPLS over OTN/DWDM has not been addressed before. In this paper, we present a detailed network optimization model for the operational planning of such an environment that considers OTN as a distinct layer with defined restrictions.
KeywordsForward Error Correction Backbone Network Physical Topology Core Router Optical Transport Network
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.ITU-T Recommendation G.872: Architecture of optical transport networks (November 2001) (Amendment 1 December 2003, Corrigendum 1 January 2005)Google Scholar
- 2.ITU-T Recommendation G.709/Y.1331: Interfaces for the optical transport network (OTN) (March 2003) (Amendment 2 November 2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Cui, X., Wang, J., Yao, X., Liu, W., Xie, H., Li, Y.: Optimization of multilayer restoration and routing in IP-over-WDM networks. In: Conference on Optical Fiber communication/National Fiber Optic Engineers (OFC/NFOEC 2008), February 2008, pp. 1–10 (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Gouveia, L., Patricio, P., de Sousa, A.F., Valadas, R.: MPLS over WDM network design with packet level QoS constraints based on ILP models. In: Proc. of IEEE INFOCOM 2003, March 2003, pp. 576–586 (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Kuipers, F., Dijkstra, F.: Path selection in multi-layer networks. Communications 32, 78–85 (2009)Google Scholar