Stochastic Dynamics of Logistic Tumor Growth
We investigate the effect of Gaussian white noises on the logistic growth of tumors. The model consists of the logistic growth dynamics under the influence of two Gaussian white noises, one multiplicative and the other additive. Both noises are correlated with each other. We study diverse aspects of the probability distribution of the size of the growing tumour both in the transient and steady-state regime. The simulation is based on the solution of the time-dependent Fokker-Planck equation associated with stochastic dynamics using B-spline functions.
KeywordsNoise fluctuations avascular tumor growth dynamical-probability
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Molski, M., Konarski, J.: Coherent states of Gompertzian growth. Phys. Rev. E 68, 021916-1–021916-7 (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Ferreira Jr, S.C., Martins, M.L., Vilela, M.J.: Morphology transitions induced by chemotherapy in carcinomas in situ. Phys. Rev. 67, 051914-1–051914-9 (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Ai, B.Q., Wang, X.J., Liu, G.T., Liu, L.G.: Correlated noise in a logistic growth model. Phys. Rev. E 67, 022903-1–022903-3 (2003)Google Scholar
- 7.Ai, B.Q., Wang, X.J., Liu, G.T., Liu, L.G.: Reply to ”Comment on Correlated noise in a logistic growth model”. Phys. Rev. E 77, 013902-1–013902-2 (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Behera, A., O’Rourke, S.F.C.: Comment on correlated noise in a logistic growth model. Phys. Rev. E 77, 013901-1–013901-2 (2008)Google Scholar
- 12.Sahoo, S., Gribakin, G.F., Naz, G.S., Kohanoff, J., Riley, D.: Compton scatter profiles for warm dense matter. Phys. Rev. E 77, 046402-1–046402-9 (2008)Google Scholar