Model-Driven Development of Time-Critical Protocols with SDL-MDD
Contention-based medium access in wireless networks suffers from the problem of frame collisions. In previous work, we have introduced new transfer protocols for the network-wide transmission of bit sequences that overcome the problem of destructive collisions. In this paper, we present the model-driven development of these protocols with SDL-MDD and its SDL tool chain. On the one hand, we show how to formally specify low-level functionality and time-critical behavior – network-wide deterministic arbitration – using the available constructs of a high-level design language. On the other hand, we show the embedding of this high-level design into our SDL execution environment that is extended to support time-critical requirements of the introduced transfer protocols.
KeywordsSDL SDL-MDD black burst cooperative/arbitrating transfer protocol MacZ
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Christmann, D., Gotzhein, R., Kuhn, T.: Multi-hop Clock Synchronization in Wireless Ad-Hoc Networks. In: Proceedings of Workshops on Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks (WMAN 2009), Kassel, Germany (2009)Google Scholar
- 2.International Telecommunications Union: Recommendation Z.100 (11/07), Specification and Description Language (SDL), http://www.itu.int/rec/T-REC-Z.100/en
- 4.Gotzhein, R.: Model-driven with SDL – Improving the Quality of Networked Systems Development (Invited Paper). In: Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on New Technologies of Distributed Systems (NOTERE 2007), pp. 31–46 (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.IBM® Rational®, S.D.L.: SuiteTM, http://www.ibm.com/software/awdtools/sdlsuite/
- 7.PRAGMADEV: PragmaDev - real time development tools, http://www.pragmadev.com/
- 11.Sanders, R.: Implementing from SDL. Telektronikk 4.2000, Languages for Telecommunication Applications. Telenor (2000)Google Scholar
- 12.Gotzhein, R., Kuhn, T.: Decentralized Tick Synchronization for Multi-Hop Medium Slotting in Wireless Ad Hoc Networks using Black Bursts. In: SECON, pp. 422–431. IEEE, Los Alamitos (2008)Google Scholar
- 13.Miller, J., Mukerji, J. (eds.): Object Management Group (OMG), MDA Guide Version 1.0.1, http://www.omg.org/docs/omg/03-06-01.pdf
- 14.International Telecommunications Union: Recommendation Z.120 (04/04), Message sequence chart (MSC), http://www.itu.int/rec/T-REC-Z.120/en